Solo Challenge: Brokeback Pug: Why can't I quit you?

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Fherot, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Hell, I was always psychotic, this has not been helping ;)

Jokes aside though, this has sort of become a stress relief ritual. Like, "Ah, well, I lost with a demonstrably shitty group, but sharing in my pain makes it somehow hurt less." ;)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Fherot likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I got my first naughty gift. Flamer?!?!?!

I've had about 4 days of premium time and 350mc so far plus a shit tonne of cbills and consumables. I'm doing the 3 non-CW related challenges. About 2/3 through them.

3. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I've got Skirmish almost done (17 or 18 matches now?), Assault about 1/3 of the way, but have only had 3 Conquest games. Will be doing a lot of CW over my weekend, so I hope to get those mostly done over the next few days.

4. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I've gotta go back to work Monday and Tuesday and then am off but I want to get the 3 series done before I officially start Xmas holidays. I am not worried about the CW gifts... if I decide to do any matches I'll take it a little bit at a time. The Benefactor videos really suck the cbills when I need to outfit new mechs with other peoples builds and modules so the cbills are helping nicely.

5. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Hehe that's the nice thing about playing as I have been, for the first time in months I have over 16 mil cbills. It may finally be time to pick up my first TBR...gotta get 3 ready for so I can master one for CW, since my roommate may switch our joke house unit over to Clan after our Draconis contract ends...

6. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Just one of those games where you know your fellow pilots are still running SHS in their mechs, while your running a comp mech.

Fherot likes this.
  7. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

That is NOTHING!!!

I return fire with this....

[​IMG]

How hard do I have to carry?!?!?!

8. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Makes me wonder how many trials you had. The HBK and FS9, sure, but I wonder about the two DWFs...the trial loadout still wangs chung, if either of those was a trial. The rest of your team has no possible excuse. ;)

9. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

[​IMG]

Eat it.

The Verge likes this.
  10. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

[​IMG]

I died at 4:00 trying to save a stupid teamate against 4 bad guys. Pineapple was last one up slowly PPC'ing.

11. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

In fairness, that's what a 3M is good at...slowly PPCing ;) If it makes you feel better, I got a lucky headshot in vs Jake the Snake earlier today, killed him with one alpha ;)

Fherot likes this.
  12. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Just gonna put this here. No, I didn't screenshot it (too disgusted): Terra Therma, I die with 309 damage. 11 people on team, none of them breaks 20.

FML.

Short version of story, I pushed center in TT with my DWF...and all 11 of them took a hit and scurried away. They then tried to SOLO the choke points one at a time, never getting off more than 1 shot. 9 people were under 10 damage, the last 2 were 13 and 17. Kill me. Please?

At least I had a 909 round with 5 kills after that ;) And yes, 309 was enough for my 32 match score since I nabbed one kill in all that.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  13. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

My last game we won and I did 700 damage.. But my dragons arm was stripped early and I only had one AC5 so the win felt half-mast

Doesn't help when you're dozing off, I had couple games where I did like 50 damage...

Assault in solo queue is horrid for me.

14. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Just did this one (am quirking my WVRs) and I just can't describe this drop without using words that are PG30,...
    The Stormcrow was doing nice though. Sticking close by me as my AC/5s rampaged a distracted DWF, running away as a RVN-3L engaged me and assisted me in nearly killing a TBR (Lucky ***** had a deep burgundy CT when lurmageddon hit me :blackeye:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    Fherot likes this.
  15. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

I can just close my eyes after looking over your screenshot and feel your grief and fustration.

Excellent contribution to this thread.

16. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

Well, this round doesn't really qualify since I had a couple lance-mates post pretty good scores too, but at the end of the match, it was just me vs. the Adder and I was getting a ton of shit from 3 or 4 of my teammates, enough so that it rattled me into making some pretty bad decisions and taking some bad shots costing me the win. You know if you're gonna do less than 100 damage in a round, you probably aren't in a position to be criticizing someone.

[​IMG]

Fherot and Durandal like this.
  17. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

7 Kills though, you did what you could at least ;)

18. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

It most certainly qualifies.

Welcome to the Hurt Locker.

19. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

This thread is always the warmth in the back of my cold mind when I pucker up and I click launch solo.

20. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Had to post this one, mainly because it made me laugh so much ;) I sometimes play from work...and when I played this match, my boss called to chat (she walks her dogs at 3am a lot...), so I had my laptop muted, and had my head at an angle to hold the phone receiver the entire game. And believe me, it is fucking hard to play like that.

And I STILL outdamaged all but one person on both teams! Yeesh!

Edit: Woo, post 1000!

[​IMG]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast