SHD-2D2 "Big Mouth!" (3x SRM6, 1x LBX10, 1x SRM4, 2x JJ, XL255)

Thread in 'SHD-2D2' started by Excalibaard, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Very nice ideas so far, yet the addition of MLs and reducing the amount of SRMs and ammo fired isn't really what the original idea was about :p The playstyle of these new builds have so little ammo that you're going to rely more on medium lasers than the srm+lbx bursts.

I'm considering giving everyone credit in a separate thread 'Reasonable Voice' ;)

2. Mergatroid Skittle

Mergatroid Skittle New Member

This is a fun build. I started out with a similar version to the OP (but with different ammo allocation). I couldn't quite break 600 damage and didn't like the missile spread and damage cap, so I used a similar build to the one posted later in the thread with 2 ML. Had a nice game with this build (except for a team kill, which I'll blame on the missile spread, and limping buddy haha). And yes, the lack of armor on the arms with the MLs is kind of strange, but I initially did it on accident and it seems to be working. I may drop 1 ton of LBX ammo and beef up the armor if I start losing them.

[​IMG]

http://i.imgur.com/qXufAbY.jpg[/img]

EDIT: Just had another solid game with this build (especially considering it was on Terra Therma). I think I may have found one of my new favorite builds...

http://i.imgur.com/9rIEFXO.jpg[/img]

Nice build Subject Seven!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  3. akani

akani Benefactor

I altered Cpt. Chattahah's Speedy Sensible version a little bit, cause I ran out of SRM ammo too often. With 280XL I'm still fast. Also, didn't need those arms anyway...

"Big Mouth!" is one of my favourite loadouts, I just love the idea behind it! Waiting for your moment to strike and then it's either you or him! Brawling with this Mech is so much fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  4. Maurox

Maurox Well-Known Member

The 4x SRM4 + LBX10 is a beast. That is, when SRMs register... :mellow:

5. Red Line Pilot

Red Line Pilot Active Member

me likes :)

I prefer AC10 over LBX though. And do you really need 500 SRM ammo? Maybe i just suck and die before getting through my ammo XD

6. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I mount at least 1t per SRM4 and adjust accordingly for SRM6/SRM2s. So AC10 is certainly possible (if probably a bit hot)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  7. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

I just dusted off my Shadowhawks, and this thing is sexy! Thanks!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast