RFL-5D "German Nightclub" (8x Mplas, STD280)

Thread in 'RFL-5D' started by WorkerPrime, Feb 16, 2016.

1. WorkerPrime

WorkerPrime Junior Member

Theorycrafting in the minutes before the patch goes live. Energy brawler/short range peeker, should be like a heavy version of the BJ-1X.

Theforgotten likes this.
  2. Theforgotten

Theforgotten New Member

just a thought, but you could drop 4xMPL add 2xLPL go with a XL270 ENG 16DHS, it would give you a little more range, for a tad less FP.

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I love the Blackjack or the Black Knight or the Thunderbolt with 6+ MPL, this should be no different.

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

By going STD270 you gain another DHS. Trade speed loss for almost full armor and you want DHS to crit pad your parts anyways, right?

5. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Decently high mounts (not quite BJ-1X high, but respectable) make this look pretty stellar. I did not purchase the RFL(copter) but this was my first though when I saw an IS Heavy with 8x energy. Personally, I'd prefer a Grasshopper for the JJs, but this has better hardpoint locations.

Let us know how it does for you! Looks like a Legend Killer killer. ;)

6. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

Drop ENDOSTEEL and go to XL to fit maximum dhs. 21 should be enough for some ghost heat alphas. Only downside is awkward sized XL. Have fun with it.

7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

This does not go well for me, despite being my first goto build when I am tooling this up.
    I was hoping for a zombie like up close and personal monster, but RFL is just a bit too crunchy. Better focus on those XL engine builds.

8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

It's like an mirror reflection of the typical BJ-1X build... Except instead of 6x ML 2x MPL, it's the opposite with 6x MPL, 2x ML. Pretty neat and fits well!

Here is how I will run it.

I ran this super-cool XL version when mastering, but not since it's been mastered. Practically the same as Pooty's build, just dropped a little more armor for a max engine. I've been meaning to give it a thorough run soon and i'll try the STD versions as well!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast