KTO-20 Little Miss Sunshine (2x LRM15, 1x LL, 2x ML, TAG, BAP, XL255)

Thread in 'KTO-20' started by epikt, Sep 22, 2013.

1. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Yesterday a friend of mine wanted to try the Kintaro and I joined him. I have to say I'm not really inspired by the KTO's hardpoints (to make a streak boat would be soooo easy), and never bought one. I bought the 20 variant because of the DHS included and the number of energy hardpoints. I went for a LRM "boat", and came out with this:

From the few games I made with it, it's a decent support mech (fire power is OK, so is mobility), but really can take a beating (I found side torsos to be pretty vulnerable).
    No much to say about this mech actually. I'm not sure it will take the place of the Treb in my "medium LRM boat" mechbay (the Treb is much more fun to play thanks to the jumpjets), even if the large laser is appreciated.
    Here's a gameplay video of our second launch (no perks unlocked yet). After this game I stripped the armor to fit one more ton of ammo. It might be better to downgrade the engine to XL235 instead, but I don't have it and don't want to spend the money on this.

(action starts at ~2min)
    (as far as I know my friend's build was a 2x LRM15 + 4x ML KTO-20, with a decent XL engine)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast