AS7-D-DC Evil Dude Mk V (1x AC20, 1x LRM20, 1x SRM6, 1x SRM 4, 2x MLas, AMS, ECM, STD325)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'AS7-D-DC' started by Aylek, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This is my latest creation on the DDC front if you want to say so. Allthough my Evil Dude Mk III still runs very nicely (less so it's cousin Mk IV), I wanted a different build, adapted to the current state of the game.

As UACs aren't that widely used anymore, I feel like there are a lot less long- and mid-range shootouts any more. Instead of this a lot of brawling and fighting in ranges up to 300m takes place, so this set the requirements for the build:
    - murderous close-in punch while
    - not being helpless beyond 300m.

The build shown above essentially is a very tuned version of the DDC's stock loadout with a strong focus on brawling. The mech's most sweet fighting range lies between 180 and 300m, as all of it's weapons can be used there, but one has to be careful about the heat then. However, using Smurfy's weapon lab shows that the mech's cooling efficiency is above 50% when getting into pure brawling.

The single LRM20 can be used to either soften up enemy mechs while approaching them or to finish up faster opponents fleeing from the short range firepower. The DDC's 10-size launcher isn't optimal for this, but the missiles impacting their target in 2 salvos at least grant some continuous cockpit shake.

AC20 & MLas are high-quality brawling weapons as we all know. Finally I went for this specific combination of SRMs mainly because of weight & space considerations regarding ammunition for all the weapons, but they also act as AC20 #2.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I like your build concept. I would drop AMS and get double SRM6 + more Ammo. Though firing Missiles in two Volleys of each 10 Missiles is not very punchy, you have at least some little Long Range Ability. Personally i would either go full LRMs or full SRMs with Missile.Hardpoints just to keep a small number of Weapongroups for easy Usability & Gameplay. I will test the concept and give u feedback. :rolleyes:

3. Aylek

That's of course a possibility, but is the gain in direct firepower really worth the loss in defense and team support granted by that AMS? One can argue that the D-DC already grants quite some defense as well as some limited immunity to missiles because of the ECM, but as the mech has the spare weight and space, why not mount it for additional utility? This probably boils down to personal preference.

;)

I am looking forward to your feedback! :) Please excuse my rumbling about that LRM-D-DC of yours.

Those four different weapongroups are indeed one of the disadvantages of the build. It's still very doable when using a 4+ button mouse in such a way that the most unusual weapon is bound to an unusual button - such as thumb button #2 or something comparable. At leat this is how I do it:

#1 - AC20
    #2 - MLx2
    #3 - SRM10
    #4 - LRM20

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

IMO a definite YES! 1. if you want more direct (close) Firepower, then go for the best possible! 2 additional Missiles = 4 extra Damage and same recycling time for full punch everytime. Punch an Enemy 3 times in a Brawl and you dow 12 Damage more, could save ur ass sometimes, 2. Any heavy LRM.Boating Mechs in recent Meta-Game? I don't feel it, only new Entry is the Battlemaster, but i see more Brawlers nowadays, 3. You can never have enough Ammo in long battles.

Dude, i'm not angry, i already expected ranting reactions on LORMAs. But you have to admit, that my concept is a better one compared to the older suggestions, right? :p

I need to make some field tests and post some scores. :rolleyes:

5. Aylek

I recently came back to this build and made some adjustments.

The LRM10 grants some long range reach while not being involved in brawls like LLas would be. It also allows to fight targets positioned above or below you own position. SRM12+A + AC20 will kill anything in 2 or 3 hits, especially when the time comes to brawling in the middle or near the end of a match.

This is one of the few DDC builds of mine where I am contemplating removing the AMS, as both the LRM and the SRMs would profit from a tad more ammo, thus:

6. Sho Shuto

Sho Shuto New Member

5/5,
    One of my favorite build styles

7. Sho Shuto

Sho Shuto New Member

With tonnage to spare I went the MPL route. It's nasty and still hammers you at range with the LRM 15 Artemis

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  8. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

Sho, i think the Atlas has only 10 tubes, so your LRM15 is only half effective. You're better off with a 10 or a 20.
    Aylek, I like the non AMS updated version. I don't agree with you on the UAC statement earlier, but the over all concept is good, and very similar to how I run my -S. Overall, i found the LRMs more useful to an Atlas than a UAC.... but UAC saved my bacon more often than an LRM will.

I would like to try the AMS version as well. For any brawler, AMS i think is extremely helpful. But as is, you are running with so little ammo, that the extra half tones you gain from the non AMS version are worth it. I also think that with LRMs, you're, psychologically more likely to hang back.

9. Aylek

I came back to this build for testing purposes in CW recently, my main purpose being to incorporate a worthwhile ECM mech into my dropdeck.

It might be better to simply skip that LRM10+A I am using in there atm in favor of mounting LLas in the arms, but that one probably gets too hot even in short fights.

As I said, I am on a single LRM10+A and am using it either during an own push or for suppressing attackers allthewhile granting ECM to friendly mechs. It prooved to be nice for finishing mechs trying to retreat from a skirmish. The AC20+ 2xSRM6+A and 2 MLas are still a lot of firepower for brawls and the mech keeps pretty cool while using them (contrary to, for example, triple SRM6+A).

10. Sho Shuto

Sho Shuto New Member

This is beyond doubt my absolute final favorite load out. It has enough ammo to do its job and will REALLY hurt as it approaches. Granted, moving targets are a little harder to track but 2 clouds of LRM 10 isn't the easiest thing to dodge. Fully min-maxed with solid armor, a little bit faster than OP, and runs icy due to the reload times on the rockets. If I ever run out of ammo, we've already won or I'm drunk as hell. If I was a heroic MechWarrior in the story cannon, this would be MY Atlas!

Just a tiny change for the SRM and 1 less LRM ammo and now I'm pretty much maximum firepower with good cooling. In my MechLab, this is FortresSolo. ^_^

Aylek likes this.
  11. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Looks like a fun jack-of-all-trades, how is this in the current meta?

12. Aylek

@Excalibaard : look for the +A Version later in the thread (I should add that one to the OP) or my 'Amboss' build of the D-DC which basicslly is a modernized version of this build using double UAC5 instead of the 20.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  13. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

5/5,
    This is very similar to the loadout I use in my -D-DC, except I also have BAP. I've had some fantastic games in it.

Aylek likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast