VND-1AA "Lapdog" (1x ERLL, 2x ML, 2x AMS, 1x NARC, TAG, BAP, 33x JJ, XL280)

Thread in 'VND-1AA' started by enileph, Aug 30, 2014.

1. enileph

enileph Star Lord

This functions purely as a companion mech that allows for various support functions from BAP to NARC and TAG.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Napes339

Napes339 Active Member

I built this exact mech in smurfy's before last weekend's lance challenge... It seemed like it was custom built for it specifically.

Great little support build

3. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

It is too slow and too big, and also too low in armour to compensate for any of these disanvantages, to fullfill the role u built it for. Also not having ECM means that the changes to really lock targets using the TAG are low.

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Was aiming for the lance event with this build. To get points for the swag this is quite effective. This cover almost every aspect from long range assist to tagging and narcing. Winning is not the aim (4 points per match, you get more than that by assisting/tagging/narcing harder), but only points and swag like free mechbay.

In other words, this is a point grinder, not a winning build.

As for ECM, there is no jumping unit with ECM and NARC launcher, other than kitfox (yes it is slow).
    ANANSI is too light to carry Tag/Narc/ERLL all together effectively.

I suppose you can Jenner this also though.
    You lose 70 armor for an increase of 20 kph. And you lose the 2xAMS shield (since these event type is FILLED with LRM as we know it. Easy farming/grinding).

The kitfox version actually looks decent. ECM makes up for the lack of speed/armor/damage. Although that means you might need to shoot more to get the assist. 3xAMS is good though there might not be enough ammo. I guess you can risk it by not taking the MG then (you still need that Side Torso for JJ).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast