SHC-P "Kirkas" (1xcATM9, 1xcATM6, 1xcERML, 6xcLMG)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Shadow Cat Builds' started by Excalibaard, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

My new baby.

I've never been too impressed by clan SRMs. I played my Mangler build for a while, but the spread seems just way off. In comes the ATM, whose spread is really good and opens up components with ease. Additionally, the jumpjets of the SHC work to circumvent the recent nerfs to 'edging' ATMs around obstacles. The combination of an accurate ATM15 and 6 LMGs to finish it off has proven to be very deadly to all classes of mechs. combined with the high mobility profile of the SHC, turns it into a very fun-to-play skirmisher which has the speed to maintain optimal ATM distance by itself.

This build is very modular to your own playstyle. The cERML can be exchanged for a cHML, or a cTAG, depending on preference. The latter reduces the spread even further for your main ATM weapons and is a viable option if you don't mind having that minimum range.
    Additionally, you can remove .5t of ammo for a cAP to counter ECM and increase targeting speed for your LMGs.
    Finally, you can exchange the ATM9 for a 6 and get some more tonnage to play with, for example an MPL, or cAP with enough ammo for both weapons.
    The current configuration is what worked best for me.

Enjoy!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    rinco and Shock like this.
  2. Dagonus

Dagonus Moderator Staff Member

5/5,
    I like it with the HML and the cLAP after shaving a half ton of ATM. Works fine if you take the extra missile ammo skills.

3. Purity The Kitty

Purity The Kitty Active Member

I started trying it with only the ATM9 and a pair of heavy larges. Not sold yet, probably too hot. Might have to try your build, I just have never loved ATMs or any other missile as a primary weapon due to lack of pinpoint damage.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

TAG helps with making ATM's scarily pinpoint :)

Heavy Larges eat up the heat for ATMs, then you should just run DHS. The extra ATM6 adds 18 damage.

5. Knight Phaeton

Knight Phaeton New Member

5/5,
    Brilliant build. Just make a 1000 damage game with it

[​IMG]

Excalibaard and Dagonus like this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast