Invasion BJ-1X "Mini Rifleman" (2xLL, 6xERML, XL245) + alts

Thread in 'BJ-1X' started by CarloArmato, Nov 30, 2018.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Classic vomit laser build with high hardpoints, good armor values, max cooling available, no ghost heat +10% energy range quirk and -5% heat quirk. it is capable of dealing 48 damage at ~400 meter optimal range with no skills.

Recommended skill tree: https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...002000000000000d86f635ea7df76000000#s=Weapons

Previous iterations and ALTs:

ALT: faster XL255 version with a lot of stripped armor. Definitely an invasion build.

ALT2: if you haven't skilled this mech yet, you'd better drop and ERML and fit another DHS

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    waaaaaaaat likes this.
  2. waaaaaaaat

waaaaaaaat Active Member

That FP variant is a lot of speed and firepower for the tonnage! I guess the idea is you will be extremely low priority for being shot and you'll get a lot of damage in before spending your mech. When are you dropping that, second or third wave?

3. CarloArmato

Dunno, I've just theory crafted it but my best bet would be to use it on either medium-long range maps or cold maps.

3rd drop could be risky because you are too hot and fragile to brawl will anything... I dunno, I have to try it out before judging it.

4. waaaaaaaat

waaaaaaaat Active Member

XL fragility is a major risk factor against MG lights and high alpha laser clan mechs: I've always avoided bringing Blackjacks to FP because of that. By the time I get to second drop, I usually still want to bring heavy stuff (at least 65 tons). By the time I get to third drop, this might be the right tonnage but there are tougher mechs for 5 to 10 tons more.

On the other hand, XL255 sounds just right. I don't have one to test, but it sounds like an interesting option. Maybe good for cold map conquest?

5. CarloArmato

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast