WVR-6R Ultra.Wolf MKII (1x UAC5, 3x SSRM2, 1x MLas, 4x JJ, BAP, AMS, XL300)

Thread in 'WVR-6R' started by Blagg Zear, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

At first i wanted to rebuild the SHD Skirmisher Build, but somehow i feel it's not right. This Wolfie can load more JJs and damn that UAC somehow reflects the frenzy fang attacks of a true Wolverine! Prepare to rip some cute lil rabbits in the dark woods.

Blagg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Fightgar

Fightgar New Member

Same build i went with on this mech. It stays really really cool

3. CX 1237

CX 1237 Active Member

IMO I think the build you made for the GRF-1N trumps this one, Blagg.
    Sure it's a good mech, but I feel something is lacking.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

ok, let me know what it is. Maybe i can fix it for yah! :rolleyes:

5. CX 1237

CX 1237 Active Member

I think one of the things that feels 'off' compared to the GRF-1N is that the griffin's got more firepower (30 vs 25), better mobility (max JJ) and it offers better support to your team (TAG+BAP) and it isn't as dependent on ammo for the main weapon.

The WVR-6R on the other hand offers slightly better heat efficiency (1.75 vs 1.33) but that's about it.

However, it is probably as simple as the reason i prefer the GRN over the WVR is because the former suits my playstyle a it better.

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

let me explain, how i see the difference of both builds:

The Griffin-Build has more Alphafirepower on Paper, that's right. But the Wolverine-Build has much more Suppressing DPS. In a 1v1 Battle at Mid Range, i wouldn't say, that the Griffin-Build is superior. The ERPPC makes more burstdamage in one shot, but needs much longer Reloading Time, while the UAC5 (if not jamming) can dish out more Damage in the same moment. The Mobility can be even, if you trade something for more JJs. The Tag is nice indeed for some more xp points.

Another thing you have to consider, is that if the Griffin loses it's right arm, it loses a lot of Firepower, while the Wolverine still has the Headlaser. For many of us a very weakpoint, but if you are skilled with TT, it is manageable. So, it's a question of preference imo. Honestly i prefer the Wolverine over the Griffin, because the Variants are more attractive to me. ;)

BTW if you don't know, you can load the exact same build of that Griffin into the WVR-7K:

while you can't load any Ballistic Gun in a Griffin. See why i prefer the Wolverine over the Griffin? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  7. CX 1237

CX 1237 Active Member

Hey Blagg, thanks for your input.
    I wholeheartedly agree that the wolverine does have the upper edge if either of them loose their right arm.

ATM I'm contemplating swapping the uac/5 for a recular ac/5. A bit less dps, but improved consistency and the extra tonnage might let me cram a bap in there.

8. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

I built the Skirmisher on my Shadowhawk 2H, and I do like it. This build works nicely on the Wolverine. Nicely done.

9. Apnu

Apnu Active Member

Much like mine, but I run with a AC10 or LB10 if I want more ammo and go crit hunting.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  10. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

FAQ button at the top ribbon will help you with this information. Fixed.

11. Apnu

Apnu Active Member

Thanks, I fixed it.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast