WVR-6K Butter Knife (2x LPLas, 3x MLas, AMS, XL300)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'WVR-6K' started by epikt, Mar 23, 2014.

1. epikt

epikt Benefactor

My first build attempt was 2x LPLas and 3x MPLas, but it was way too hot for my taste. So I toned it down a bit trading MPLas for standards, allowing me to mount 2 more DHS and an AMS.

It's an OK build I guess. It's mobile enough, got a nice fire power (MLas and LPLas work well together) and decent heat efficiency.
    But to be honest I'm not a fan of the 6K variant, too many hardpoints on the arm, no jets, I'd rather stick with the CN9-AL.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Not alot you can do about this.
    If you don't use the missile hardpoint you are disarmed too easily also, oh well.

3. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

The AL loses heavily bonus wise though and has 5 less tons to play with.

AL Main weapon:
    Large Pulse Range +20%, Large Pulse Heat Generation -20%, Laser Weapon Duration -10%,

AL Backup:
    Energy Weapon Range +10%, Energy Weapon Heat Generation -10%, Medium Laser Duration -20%, Missile Weapon Cooldown +12.5%

versus

6K Main Weapon
    Large Pulse Range + 50%, Large Pulse Heat Generation -25%, Large Pulse Cooldown +25%,

6K Backup
    Energy Weapon Range +25%, Energy Weapon Heat Generation -12.5%, Energy Weapon Cooldown +12.5%, Missile Weapon Range +15%

The range bonuses are staggeringly in favour of the 6K and the AL has a duration bonus for the 6K's Cooldown one.

4. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Highest Damage:

[​IMG]

Zendred and I are running this build - 10 kills and 1,623 between us.

[​IMG]

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

5/5,
    Screenshots in thread. Very solid and accurate build with nothing wasted.

6. Decadre

Decadre New Member

This is a variation that I run. It probably runs much cooler, and does slightly less damage. However, the SRM6 allows for the mech to stay in the fight if the arm is lost. I also have the LPL cooldown module installed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  7. boods

boods Active Member

5/5,
    I stumbled on to this exact build when looking at the 6K perks. Just ran a PUG and got 1 kill, 600 damage. It's fun!