WLF-1 "QuirkHound" (5xML, XL315)
5/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'WLF-1' started by Fayme, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Fayme

Fayme New Member

This is what I'm personally running on the WLF-1 since theres not much you can do with it. I just built it this way to utilize the Quirks seems to work well for me.

Includes Snuggie ( Safe )

No Risk No Reward ( Unsafe )
    (but has max engine)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2019
  2. Trippton

Trippton Active Member

5/5,

I run basically the same build for this variant, even after the quirk changes. This mech is best with the top engine (Rock out with that 315!!!), and has some of the best quirks out of all the variants for maneuvering since it gets a +20% Acceleration/Deceleration, +15% Turn Rate, Additional structure CT/LL/RL, Torso Turn Rate (Yaw) +20%, and then +15% Energy Range.

ShooterMcGavin80 and Fayme like this.
  3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Have been using this lately, though with a spare STD240 from my garage. Since Civil War I've switched to 5xERML, and have taken 15% range nodes (with full speed tweak, armor and laser duration too). It's awesome to have MLs with the range of a LL on has been giving me a respectable average 400 dmg in the last few matches. STD engine has worked great for me as well, one time i finished with only 1 side torso and 1 leg remaining, though Light Engine would do just as fine, but it's not slot-efficient, so you'd better just get the full XL315 shenanigans to make the most of the chassis advantages.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Light Engine actually turns out to definitely be slot-efficient if you use LFF.
    Or if you're fine without using all slots:

Trippton likes this.
  5. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 Advanced Member

Seconded. That is the exact build I run, except going down to 3-4 points of back armor (putting it on the front). It has been one of my more fun, consistent mechs. Two artillery strikes, one cool shot, maybe a UAV if you're in to that kind of thing, and max out the speed tweaks.

6. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

5/5,
    The unique way to best use the +10% range quirk of the WLF-1
    XL300 is the best way to go, but even with a LE (129 km/h instead of 138 km/h) and a TC1 it packs a punch and it's fast and easy to relocate.

ShooterMcGavin80 and Excalibaard like this.
  7. ShooterMcGavin80

Yep, I use Carlo's XL300 version. WLF-1 for your midrange 5xERML poker, WLF-2 for your XL 295 5xMPL skirmisher.

8. ShooterMcGavin80

5/5,
    Solid build. Either standard ML's or ERML's are workable, go XL300.