WHM-7S "Brawler" (3x SRM6, 6x MPLas, STD280)
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'WHM-7S' started by Pochatshu, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Pochatshu

Pochatshu New Member

i'm use that build for opening master on that chassis

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

I plan on using a similar build to this. I'll post it in the morning if nobody else has by then.

Just a piece of constructive criticism though, I don't think this build will be Skirmishing much of anything at 64.8kph. You generally want to push closer to 80kph for skirmishing. However, I see it being a mean brawler!!
    And an important piece of information: You seem to leave free tonnage when you could still add armor. Make sure you max that out so as to not confuse any players looking into your build. Leaves them feeling incomplete.

3. Pochatshu

Pochatshu New Member

Edited

4. Andamar

Andamar New Member

Personally i would use something like this. With 6 Mpl its way too hot.
    Also I think that 3 tons of SRM ammo are enough for most matches.

Andamar

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Interesting choice, may try this after tweaks.

6. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

4/5,
    Got to play with a slightly tweaked version through basics this morning. I swapped out DHS and a half ton of armor for an AMS and 1t ammo.

Overall, very satisfied with the 'mech and the build. Very fun brawler! I fire my MPLas in hemispheres and often use the SRMs on chain fire to help maintain DPS and heat management.

7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Would do it this way:

Faster to get up close and personal.

ReyWay likes this.
  8. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

I have switched to this tweaked build and LOVE IT!

9. Spazamataz

Spazamataz Junior Member

Pochatchu vs Enileph...

Tried both, sorry Poch, but Enileph's is more superior in everyway....

Enileph perhaps THIS should be Ferrus Manus instead?

10. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Actually I was thinking about that, but he posted it first, so mine is only a variant.:smug:
    But yeah this deserve the The title of Ferrus Manus

11. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

Same idea as enileph. But by swapping to mlas and srm6s the engine can be stepped up and alpha steps up aswell. Cooldown and duration do suffer though. But when you are near overheating and need to rely on a weapon system for dps, the heavier srms should be better.

Another variation, dropping arm mdpls, allows for engine step up and mounting of Artemis. The srm6+A will improve pinpoint, keep with the better sustained DPS plan and arms can still be used as shields.

The finale, std engine speedster. Drop Artemis, get std320. Same advantages as the other version, sans Artemis. This one just takes speed over tight spread.

12. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

This build looks potentially interesting. Here's my take on it:

A little hotter than I typically like, but looks like it could be a mean knife fighter.

<edit> - confirmed, super fun and effective. Fully skilled the heat isn't so bad. Easy to manage high/low hardpoints between the MPL's and SRM6's.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast