1. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Want a MechWarrior 2: 25th Anniversary Edition (4K, HDR Remake) in 2020, too???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Blagg Zear, Jan 5, 2018.

Do you want a MW2 Anniversary Edition?

1. Hell YEAH!!! Just do it and take all my Money!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Definitely interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not Hyped, but also not against it

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I don't have a good Feeling about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, it's all good as it is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

I'm getting a Bit nostalgical, and no i dont have any News about any [Fan] Projects for such great Anniversary Remake Edition released in any time, but seriously - how awesome would it be to play the Classic Game 25 yrs after it's Release? Maybe even in a superpimped up Ultra HD Resolution, HDR and all New Game Engine, Graphix, Physix and OST in Dolby Atmos/DTS:X?

This Game definitively deserves a Full Done Remake. Right?

Some Info to enjoy:

About the difficult Development: http://www.localditch.com/mechwarrior/mech2/clans.html

Memoirs of MW2 Chief Programmer Eric Peterson (R.I.P.): http://hellionagenics.blogspot.de/2009/03/trench-warfare-in-interactive.html?m=1

The Game featured special 3D acc.Versions:

Here is the Interview with Jeehun Hwang - the Composer of the legendary OST:
    A Review by SideStrafe:

A Review by DigitalFoundry:

Great Remake of the OST by Timothy Seals:

So my question to you >>> POLL

Blagg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Aylek likes this.
  2. Shock

Shock Benefactor

Mechwarrior 2 was a great game. I'm not sure what I'd get out of a remake as opposed to a new game though. I don't remember the story/plot being all that great.

CarloArmato likes this.
  3. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Advanced Member

Exactly this.
    I was too young to even remember it (despite my brothers bought the whole package with the iconic timberwolf on the front), that's why I remember playing the 1st mission of MW2: Mercenaries and not this game, despite being able to somewhat remember the remastered tracks of Timothy Seals (and yeah, I bought his album).

Not sure if I'll be happy with a straight and simple remastered version, though: some time ago I talked to my brother about MW2 and it should be completely broken, unbalanced and/or easily exploitable compared to MW4 and MWO. If I remember correctly, there were no hardpoint / components limitation, so the only real limit were slots and tonnage.