"Waiting"

Thread in 'Flea' started by The Verge, Jul 5, 2013.

1. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

That's not the Idea of MASC. JJ do a straight line up, and now have a small forward push. MASC is designed to make your mechs MOVEMENT faster in all directions. Now, it might make a good game mechanic, but I don't want my mech to feel like a boat in water. I want it to feel like I'm running. And runners SEEM to keep their speed, even in corners. We will just have to wait till MASC is in the game.

2. Sprocket

Sprocket Junior Member

'Afterburners' was perhaps a poor word choice, but all things being equal we can still expect MASC to increase your turning radius. Hell, moving full tilt in a 'Mech already increases your turning radius. It makes sense, since the faster a mass is moving the greater the energy which is required to change it's vector of travel. . .
    What I'm trying to say, is that the point at which actuators (rated and designed to handle the stresses and flexure of normal movement) are most likely to fail is when you are taking turns. Since having your actuators blow out in a match is so crippling, I was thinking MASC might see more use if it let you do 'run in a straight line' with little to no risk of actuator blow out. You'd still be running with the option to turn, but abusing MASC to run crazy daisies through an enemy form would carry extreme risk.

Oh, and I do thing the way they abstracted jump-jets is a bit silly but that's not the thing I was speaking to.

3. ZeProme

ZeProme Junior Member

Still waiting :(

No ETA yet? :/ ;_;

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I'm afraid the Flea won't be release soon (not before april 2014), if ever (now that the Locust is available).

5. ZeProme

ZeProme Junior Member

God damn it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

6. Creovex

Creovex Active Member

I am sorry, is nobody here from way back when beta? If I recall, and please correct me if I am wrong, but the Flea did make it into beta. It was about the same as the Locust to be honest. I might be wrong but I thought it got pulled after a week due to an speed issue. (This was back when the Raven was brand new the Yen-Lo was the only hero mech)

7. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I was there since before Closed Beta and I don't recall the Flea ever having made it in.

8. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Never saw a playable Flea.
    As far as I remember, the only light mech available during closed beta was the jenner (when was the raven released?).

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I don't believe we ever get the Flea after so long time of waiting and having the locust now. I think they simply canceled the plan

10. The Verge

wait a minute, what if the flea is the new light mech incoming?

11. Shaftronics

Shaftronics Active Member

Considering the 1 hint that disproves this is the word "humanoid" being used...

Either way, they did mention; If MASC is released, the Flea will follow.

12. The Verge

Oh, good.

For a second I thought they had broken the oooOHhhh....nevermind :phear:

13. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Dispossessed

More like "Where's my Wasp?"

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wasp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP3xbw-QV_k

[​IMG]

14. Khan Hallis

Khan Hallis New Member

Yeah don't be holding your breath for the flea...you'll turn blue first and die of asphyxia.

15. Jay Z

Jay Z Well-Known Member

I'm 99% sure the Firestarter will come out first

16. N0t Me

N0t Me New Member

Urban Mech first

17. Daekar

Daekar Junior Member

What is the MASC enhanced top speed of the Flea? Because the 170kph top speed of my TDK is amazing but didn't result in invulnerability issues.... quite the opposite!!

18. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Stock Flea goes 97km/h but with MASC it jumps to 119km/h.

The problem is where do you draw the line in terms of max engine. If you allow it to take a 200 then your speed goes off the charts with MASC lol.

19. Jay Z

Jay Z Well-Known Member

If the netcode could handle it, I would have little problem with the 20 tonners having larger engine caps to help them fill the recon role. They need some advantage over other lights as they get decimated in ECM/jumpjets, armour and firepower by the rest of the lights.

20. enileph

enileph Star Lord

well, from the locust they will likely cap it at XL190 max. It is fast, but with tonnage considered this thing is going to have 3 MLas for this setup, MASC should cost 1 ton and 1 critical in this case.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast