"Waiting"

Thread in 'Flea' started by The Verge, Jul 5, 2013.

1. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

it's what Merc's do best

Soy likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Waiting cause MASC would currently break the game; lag shields, HSR, the whole 9 yards.

3. The Verge

what makes you think MASC will even be in the game?

4. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh no reason.

5. The Verge

i'm quite curious, HAS there been any information on MASC? if not, the Flea will suffer.

6. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Even if/when MASC comes out is is probably only accessable by a few mech models. Just think about a spider with MASC.

7. The Verge

if I think about a Spider 5V with MASC, I get goose bumps. 12JJ and MASC, Oh balls to you Ravens :p

8. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

I'd laugh if they put in the 30% modifier to destroy your legs actuators.

9. The Verge

I'd laugh it made JJ explode like Gauss rifles.

10. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Was thinking about that, just running around capping in a conquest game... imagine that.

11. PilotSerenity

PilotSerenity Well-Known Member

same idea, I would probably cap all the time...xD i wish they will put it in mechlab for light and medium mechs only...only for 12million C-Bills

12. enileph

enileph Star Lord

You think that would matter? That would only make the n00bs suffer. Most older players have a fukton of cbills stacked up for no reason at all.

13. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Morgana has 500,000,000 (for real) saved and I've heard rumour there are others with 500m +

14. PilotSerenity

PilotSerenity Well-Known Member

xD I know it's impossible it will only make the maps useless.
    I wasnt hoping, it would be unfair and that will make the game even more complicated

15. The Verge

I really wish you would describe more of what you meant, as your english is not the best.

what maps are useless, what is unfair, and what will make the game more complicated.

16. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I suppose he's worrying about fast mechs running at 200km/h capping all the bases while the poor 50km/h Atlas can't do anything. We need to insist on the fact that MASC is not a functionality you keep turned on all the time, since it has a good chance to burn your leg actuators and leave you helpless like a 20t unarmed sitting duck.
    Game balance is not at stake (on the contrary, higher engine cap and/or MASC will give very light mechs like the Locust interest - at the moment all light mechs go at the same speed and the jenner is the most heavily armed), but it's a lag shield issue.

17. Noosphere06

Noosphere06 New Member

I heard a dev say (Via podcast) That MASC was coming. He also said that theoretical speeds of 200kph+ might actually lag out the server. So I am curious how PGI will handle the situation. As for me I am really excited about the Flea. See you all on the battlefield! o7

18. Durant Carlyle

Durant Carlyle Star Lord

I don't know what you guys are all hyped up for. The Flea isn't a fast 'Mech, even with MASC. Its base speed is 97kph. The maximum engine it can have is a 170. That'll make it something like 133kph, and with MASC something around 173kph. If/when they lift the netcode-enforced speed limits, a Spider will run faster with better weaponry and armor. There's even a canon Locust that can run at 194kph with 4x ERSL and 1x ERML plus maximum armor. We'll be able to have something similar to that.

19. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I was about to mention the Locust...
    Since MASC is standard with the Flea, having the Flea means we have access to MASC, which is what we are hyped up for.

20. Sprocket

Sprocket Junior Member

Would be interesting if MASC behaved more like an afterburner than a straight running speed increase. Eg. make it so you can travel in a straight line with no risk of damage, but turning with an active MASC risks actuator damage or falls? Might be easier on their netcode tracking a 'Mech going straight, anyway.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast