VTR-9S "Double Punch" (1x AC20, 3x SRM6+A, 2x JJ, XL360)
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'VTR-9S' started by locutus24, Jan 5, 2014.

1. locutus24

locutus24 New Member

Hi guys, this is my first build i made public, so be nice :D

I never was a brawler...till i found the Victor and this Build. Works suprisingly well. No backups, but enough ammo to last long enough. Till now, i found no Enemy wich could survive a 1o1 against this (very Mobile) Monster (well...lights are a problem...damn lights :angry: )
    I know, that there are 2 Volleys if i use the small Tube for SRM4´s, but the volleys get out so fast, so it never was a Problem

Alternative with SRM4+A, 4 JJ and more AC20 ammo:

What do you think?

Edit: maybe, in the SRM4 version, i could drop 1t SRM´s for an additional HS
    (sorry 4 my bad English, i am german^^)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

First off, welcome to mechspecs!
    I only have one or two nit's to pick with this build. YOU put AMMO in your Shield arm! That's just silly!
    The second is a lack of any energy weapons. Their hit registration has been the most stable in the game, and can really help you when fighting light mechs, because you can "sweep" the legs of any light mech.
    The third is the use of Artemis in the SRM4 build. I find their grouping to be just fine without A+, so taking that out should allow you to run a few lasers. EX

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

My main problems with SRMs on the 9S are how borked the SRM launchers seem to be. They even switch their order after saving a loadout... wich basically means it's impossible to mount a SRM6 in addition to other launchers. The only way I found to fire a single massive volley using all launchers was to mount 2x SRM4 and a single SRM2. Which sucks.

4. locutus24

locutus24 New Member

Thanks for the input :)
    I have put Ammo in the Shield arm, because i recognised , maybe because i Torso-Twist not enough^^, the arms get no too much damage (i jump alot, most of the time my legs loose their armor), plus an Ammo explosion in the Arm is not as bad as in one of the side torsos. But that could be because of my lack of practice. Till the Victor, i prefered Sniper Builds, so i never practised Torso twisting.

I didnt put in energy weapons (first i tried it with addidional lasers. ML/LL/MPL etc) to get enough ammo for the whole fight, while staying cool even if i have to fight two or more enemys in a row.

On other Mechs, i am a big Fan of energy weapons, especially lasers (i love my 6LL Stalker or my 2ERLL Raven, wich is really a little badass^^). But they produce way more heat than the AC20 and the SRM´s. I always see Enemy Mechs shutdown while fighting me, while i keep firing.

Maybe i should try it without artemis, but first i have to elite the victors (save the c-bill´s)

5. locutus24

locutus24 New Member

I made a few changes, to try your suggestions:
    addet 2ML, and put the munition in the side torsos (AC20 in left torso, so it will be used first, srm in right torso, so it will be used right after the ones in the Head+CT)

i kept artemis, because im still not sure if i want to use SRM6 instead (and still saving for the 3rd Victor)

6. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

well, post some screenshots, and let us know how it's working!

7. Caspian111

Caspian111 Active Member

You can also add 1 LL to get my "AXE" version.

8. locutus24

locutus24 New Member

This is my actual Version. Less Punch, but more agile and has AMS. Also solved the "lights" Problem:

9. locutus24

locutus24 New Member

10. SuperPignouf

SuperPignouf Junior Member

My personal take on the build. It has the same Alpha as an Atlas, with better speed and a jumpjet. The 3 SRM6 + art makes ammo placement tricky though. I'ts a concept build I'll have to try it as soon as I get the mech. But getting some feedback from you would be nice.

(Don't mind back armor values)

11. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 Advanced Member