VTR-9S and it's missile launchers

Thread in 'Victor' started by Aylek, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

What's wrong with the 9S's missile tubes? I used one of each SRM6 and SRM4 before switching to 2x SRM4 because of weight considerations.

The first combination should be totally viable considering the S should have one of each 10-, 5- and 2-tube launcher. But nevertheless my 6 + 4 volley was fired in two salvos.

Did anybody else came across this? Does anybody know a solution for this?

2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Bugged?

Its been known to happen. I saw a Highlander fire missiles in individual salvos... 1+1+1+1+1 etc.

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

it is a bug, and should be patched on Septembers patch. answered by Garth on the NGNG podcast 85, asked by me.

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Thank you!

5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Yepp I can confirm this Bug. My Highlander 733C shoots in single Missile stream by one Missile Pod. It seems that one of the Torso.Pods is limited to 1'Tube.

6. Logi

Logi New Member

1 year later :D
    is the patch active? i still get the problem of the OP. anyone else?

7. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

describe the problem, the mech and build it happened on, and we'll get back to you.

8. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

There is a known problem with weapons being rearranged across hardpoints based on the date they were bought.
    Maybe the SRM6 gets swapped into the 5-tube slot, resulting in a split salvo.

9. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

If a mech is not automatically putting the right size rack in the right size tube hardpoint, you can try to manually arrange them. You do this buy selling/equipping every single weapon of the type you're trying to arrange, then buying new weapons. Take note of the order you buy them in, and see if they're in the arrangement you desire in the testing ground. Guess and check on the correct order from there.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast