VTR-9B "Victor Von Boom" (1x AC20, 2x LL, 1x SRM6, 1x SRM4, 2x JJ, AMS, XL335)

Thread in 'VTR-9B' started by Michael, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

So this is the build I would experiment with. I think it says "4 tubes" in the LT but there is no way in hell that an Assault has 2 missile hardpoints with just 4 tubes. That would limit it to 2x SSRM2.

We will see once it is released in game just exactly what this bad boy has.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

They did release the Awesome-9M with 3 missile hardpoints and only 6 tubes.

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I can't remember where I read it or not but someone did say that Smurfy only has placeholder information for these mechs; that he doesn't have the actual data. I'm hoping there are more than just 6 tubes LOL

4. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

I broke down and bought one with MC today since they released them. This thing is a BEAST! I have only played a couple of games with it so far but I have...

Killed 8 mechs in 3 matches
    Died 1once in 3 matches

This isn't so good on Alpine Peaks but it is actually better than some mechs because those Large Lasers do reach out but damn when you get close this mech absolutely SHREDS enemy mechs.

Oh, for the record the missiles all fire at once so I am assuming smurfy mechlab has an error when it says 4 tubes? I fired mine and the SRM6 and the SRM5 SRM4 (admin edit) came out all at once.

Is there a way to get Artemis on here without really removing any of the deadly nature of this machine Michael?

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I will play with Smurfy when I get home and see. I suppose one could shave the engine down a tad and remove AMS and add Artemis but that AMS is pretty crucial these days with LRM boats and you really do want this machine to be as fast as possible.

6. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Ok I've had time to play around with this...

You can add Artemis but you lose AMS and 1kph of speed.

7. Regina Redshift

If you want to stick with the 9B, I'd say downgrade the SRM6 to an SRM4. However, this build will work in the 9S and it'll launch all its SRMs in one volley.

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Why downgrade to SRM4? Jacob said he bought one of these and both the SRM6 + SRM4 fire all at once from the tubes?

9. Regina Redshift

Totally didn't read that line... :blush:

10. Matheos

Matheos Active Member

The tube configuration for the Victor is 10, 5, & 2. The 2 slot is only on the S variant. 6&4 will be a single shot but 6&6 won't.

I was using a variant of this setup earlier on a 9S, but with an XL350 that I had on hand, 21 shots of AC/20, no AMS, triple SSRM2s, and a BAP. It's a far nastier AC/20 platform than the Highlander 733C, even given the nerfing to the streaks in the latest patch.

If you want streaks, the 9S would be the chassis to use. Otherwise, use the 9B.

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Excellent Build. Full Stars!

My version for a little bit more Speed & more AC20.Ammo:

Blagg

12. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

After some rounds with Lan using an AC20, I played around a bit. Settled on something very similar to Grimm's. I use a smaller engine for Artemis and a ton of AC20 ammo with full Jump Jets.

13. TheMessy

TheMessy New Member

This is the loadout I use for this mech, I love it!

14. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Build approved. ^_^

[​IMG]

I use an XL325 with this thing, though.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast