VTR-9B "Support/Bugger" (2x MLas, 3x AC2, 1x JJ, AMS, STD325)

Thread in 'VTR-9B' started by RogueFalcon, Mar 8, 2015.

1. RogueFalcon

RogueFalcon New Member

Hi, sorry if i spell something wrong or seem confused, english isn't my native.

So this mech needs all the ameliorations too, it's a medium to long range mech that's more a support than a real war beast. What it does is that it fires its 3 Ac2 without a pause (except every once in a while to let the heat go down) and using chainfire to cause the ennemy cockpit shake like hell. You should stay out of the main brawl (around the 700's meters range for maximal damages) lasers are mainly here for defense at shorter range and i wouldn't recommend using Ac2 at the same time cause you might just overheat. It's not really meant to kill but it eases the task for your teammates a lot. And guess what? 3Ac2 still deal more damages than 2UAc5 per ammo shot. UAc5 dealing it's 5 damages per salvo and not per shot (you need 7 salvos at point blank to destroy a commando CT, try it on training ground, do a bit of math and you'll realise it too), 2 salvos so 6 shots would deal 10 damages 6 Ac2 shots do 12 damages. (What is funny is that UAc5 ammos still do 5 damages per ammo to you when they explode if you trust what's on smurfy).
    (oh and you get more ammo per ton too)

Maybe the enhanced (due to ultra stuff) rate of fire would make the 2UAc5 DPS a tinny bit better but i'm not even sure, and that's when none are jammed

Strengths of that mech :
    - it's an assault so it uses a standard engine (because you don't want to die of a torned side torso)
    - it has jumpjets wich i use on assault to turn around faster and land safely
    - it's main weapon has the best range in all the game
    - it only has 2 weapon groups (i can handle up to 4 but it's easier when there are less)

Weaknesses of that mech :

- it has an alpha strike firepower of 16 wich is way less than your usual light, (but again it's not worse than a twin UAc5's + 2 med las DPS, might even be better)
    - it's cooling efficiency isn't that great either (42% wich is a 0.84 in game cause game has a best efficiency available of 2 wich corresponds to 100%)
    - if one of your arms get blown off you loose either your ability to defend yourself (lasers) or your ability to hurt and bother others (Ac2s) and same goes for the attached side torso (but you're still alive and could still do some kills even with only 2 med las that's why i won't use XL engines on an assault)

(What i said about UAc5 is true with all Clan autocanons too (except the LBX), so clan Ac20 does about 7 damages per ammo used and is the exact same thing than the UAc20 without the skip cooldown ability and risk to jam).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. RogueFalcon

RogueFalcon New Member

I know replying to my own post is weird, but i didn't want to edit, because else people wouldn't know.

Innersphere U-Ac5 does 5 damages per round (tested on the training ground)
    Clan U-Ac5 does 5 damages every 3 rounds (tested too)
    So clan U-Ac5 (or clan Ac5 in that regard) is something like a "shorter range innersphere Ac-2"
    (making the Clan Ac2 something like an "extreme range MG" 2/3=0.6 damage per round)

So, no, this build doesn't do as much damage as the twin U-Ac5 version, i said bullshits, sorry.
    What confused me is some test i did on a KitFox S. On a Victor U-Ac5 works way better

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast