VTR-9B "Dakka" (1x UAC5, 1x AC5, 1x UAC2, 2x ML, 4x JJ, XL325)

Thread in 'VTR-9B' started by Shilkor, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Shilkor

Shilkor New Member

I have problems about 1k damage limit. Never step over yet(I am young pilot, only 2 months ago started). But was close it. Done over 900(970-980) with D-DC. So I bought the Victor B(readed lots of happy pilots) but 2*PPC+AC20 was a total fail for me. So I dropped for 1-2 weeks.
    But I had a dreem 3 weeks ago about the Victor... Next 2 days I elited the Victors, and made my ultimate DAKKA:

Cold, fast enought to get cover from LRM, got enought ammor for 1k damage, and the linked ACs makes nice dps and makes annoying/trouble for the enemy mech pilots by targeting me :cool:

Its hard to make damage under 450-500, easy 500-600 and 20% goes to 800+

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Three types of ACs WILL get complicated regarding the ammo supply. The first and most obvious mistake is taking as much UAC ammo as regular AC5 ammo, as your UAC5 ammo will long be gone while you're still using that AC5 and AC2.

Double AC2 + UAC5 is a very deadly combo, and AC 2 + 2x AC5 is nice as well. But to reiterate on my point: three different kind of ACs are crying for ammo problems.

Compare your build to these:

3. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I prefer to have some SRMs for better close range punch:

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Sure, totally viable. Depends on personal preference or assigned role.

5. Shilkor

Shilkor New Member

3 T ammo almost gone out i nsame time :p Just test it :) about 10-15 peaces the different. So about 5%.

And I dont like srm, and this weapons all on arms, easier the targeting, dont need check the torso, and dont need targeting with 2 body pieces.

6. Shilkor

Shilkor New Member

984 damage on Terra. My best in this game :)

7. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

I like the idea of this build, and use something very similar. I run less DHS and JJs and add a little more ammo. The key is to have the proper balance so you have enough to last and that no system runs dry before the rest. The amount of damaging dakka is insane though. 4/5 due to the excessive JJs. Good build.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast