VTR-9B "beni9n's Edition" (1x AC20, 2x LL, 2x SSRM2, 1x JJ, XL350)

Thread in 'VTR-9B' started by beni9n, Dec 11, 2013.

1. beni9n

beni9n New Member

I've been enjoying this build as of late. I took a quick look through the list and didn't see anything quite like it. So, I thought I'd share it. The LLs are for some range, but this build really shines in the sub 270m range due to the AC/20 and the SSRMs. The SSRMs are just a bonus really, so I didn't dedicate a BAP to it, though one can if inclined, probably would have to drop the legs to around 30ish armor. I've been doing well with damage ranging from 400-600 on average.

The best match I've had with this build is on a loss, unfortunately. I was the last one remaining, out of AC/20 and SSRM ammo, with open, damaged torsos when I faced 2 relatively fresh mechs.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

The BAP is not only for yourself being able to target ECM-carrying lights, but also to counter the ECM of bigger enemies, namely DDCs. Countering their ECM and thus making them (and their teammates nearby) targetable is a big bonus for your group.

I'd rather remove additional Heatsinks than lowering the leg armor as much as proposed

1) 47% cooling is rather a lot
    2) enough people out there will go for a VTR's leg, knowing that reducing their armor is popular at times.

Also, 28 rounds of AC20 seems to be rather low. I'd feel more comportable binging another ton.

Result of changes:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I'd Just put more JJ in their and Call it good.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast