VND-1x "Splashicator" (ERPPC, MPlas, SRM6, 3x MG, 4x JJ, XL235)

Thread in 'VND-1X' started by psiber, Sep 10, 2014.

1. psiber

psiber Junior Member

I have had some real fun grinding with this. Any range, go where you need not where you weapons dictate. Eats legs and arms :D

For those who like a more pinpoint SRM here is an arty version

Many small variations are available. For example it's easy to fit AMS or BAP if you need them by dropping some ammo, artemis, dropping JJ's, or switch the MPLas for a MLas. I just love the MPLas lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. psiber

psiber Junior Member

I have had better results with this version due to heat issues. Once I have the chassis elite I will try the ERPPC again.

This is a good result. I was just crushing side torso's and moving along in this match. Good pinpoint damage splash. I had other matches with more damage but this really showcased the build concept.
    [​IMG]

3. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

This second is the one i was about to link when i saw the build weapons. SRM6 without artemisIV is a complete waste of missiles, and SRM4 with artemisIV is too much accurate, defeating in part the intended role of SRMs. PPCs are damn slow now, better LPLas, the dmg flies half the distance, but is instant and the duration of the weapon is so low that is basically comparable with the PPC, in favor of the LPLas.

Only change i would do is 1 DoubleHeatSink to get 1 more ton of MG ammo, cause 2000 seems low for me with 3 MGs, or getting 1/2 ton of MG ammo, dropping 1/2 ton of SRM ammo and upgrading the MLas to MPLas.

4. psiber

psiber Junior Member

To each their own but I completely disagree about the SRM6 being useless without Artemis. That is extremely generalized and really more of an opinion than fact. On that note, to each their own, play style determines all :) There are just as many forum threads saying Artemis with SRM is a total waste. MG ammo is play style too. I rarely run out with 1 ton.