Casual UM-SC "Structural Overhaul" (1 x LBX2, 1 x HMG, 3 x SPL, XL 180)

Thread in 'Street Cleaner' started by Vinashi, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Vinashi

Vinashi New Member

I love MoltenMetal's LBX2 K-9 build and wanted to try a version with the Street Cleaner. This tough little mech rarely overheats during sustained fire, annoys the hell out of the other team, and can pump out some decent damage.

I'm taking suggestions on what to name this, and will edit the title when decided

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I'd call this the 'Structural Overhaul' as it really messes up / rearranges mech insides ;)

It's interesting, but I'm not sure if the HMG is worth it. It can only be used at VERY short ranges and weighs 2 tons including the ammo that could go into a faster engine (unique to the Street Cleaner), or better lasers. it's free heatless DPS though if that's the range you focus on I'd rather get two HMG and get some bigger supporting lasers and a faster engine to get in range quicker.

For example, be removing the HMG you can run a light engine

Or an XL with a bigger gun (also deals more DPS than the LBX2, only one gun doesn't suppress that much anyway)

or, keeping XL and LBX2 suppression, add some JJs for mobility in places like HPG, Rubellite, canyon network.

CarloArmato likes this.
  3. Vinashi

Vinashi New Member

Thanks a lot Excalibaard! After playing some rounds, I agree the HMG is a bit useless against smaller mechs. Either you're missing the HMG fire, or the SPL fire due to leading, especially in light duels. I'll try the LBX5 build when I grind c-bills.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast