UM-R63 "Mini Ember" (3x MPLas, 3x MG, 2x JJ, XL180)
5/5,

4 ratings

Thread in 'UM-R63' started by Sassafras, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

Not sure how much use the MGs will be since this thing spins like a dream, but they do come in useful when you come upon an unsuspecting enemy or helping finish off a fatty.

STD Version

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Here's my upgrade with new tech. HMGs really enhance the killing power when you're going to be up close anyway.

If you don't want AMS, drop it for a DHS and 4th JJ

[​IMG]

Virlutris likes this.
  3. Shock

5/5,
    This is a great mech for scouting especially.

[​IMG]

Excalibaard likes this.
  4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I've always had difficulty with this chassis for some reason. Shock's scores make me want to practice a little more :) looking good!

Here's my LE version.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  5. Virlutris

Virlutris Junior Member

I'll testify to the HMGs being the bee's knees on this build. Pair them with the MPLs and it's 1k damage time.

They're amazingly angry guns, and they eat internals like no one's business. You've just got to be willing to get in close and mix it up.

However I'd recommend cutting down to 2JJ and adding a 3rd ton of HMG ammo for lonely PUG matches when you're forced to carry hardest.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  6. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

5/5,
    This build is simplicity, effective, and deadly. PUG games easy 500 damage, but I managed more :)

7. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Every mech with JJ has an inherent advantage IMHO. Using them to speed up your attack and retreat movements lets you move from cover to cover, with a straighter line. I managed this score by meeting a panter at a battery in the incursion mode, almost finished him off, but he got out of my line of sight. I jumped into the air, and dropped an air strike on his line of retreat to his base. The strike came and went, and I ended up with a kill! Legged that sucker, because he had no armor left on his legs. EZ kill, and I even managed my escape because I found cover after that jump by moving to the buildings near the battery.

Picked up two more kills, enemy team eventually got wiped, and we won the day. Best damage score you can get!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shock likes this.
  8. TheOddball

TheOddball New Member

5/5,
    Fun build with an angry play style. Get in fast with the ridiculous mobility for a trash can, jump over obstacles, target anything with open armor and laugh as you make your escape.

No one expects this from a trash can.

9. Shock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recent results show this one still works

10. Tulip Lee

Tulip Lee New Member

5/5,
    Great DPS build

top-fast
top-fast