Meme UM-R60L "Hipster" (2xSNPPC, 2xMG, 1xJJ, XL180)

Thread in 'UM-R60L' started by CarloArmato, Nov 3, 2017.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

FINAL EDIT: switched to standard MGs for increased DPS (I didn't need all that range more than often), added skill tree and tips. It's still a very fun build to play because it resembles the AC20 urbie, but is way more reliable.

[​IMG]

Troll build for the urbie, this time the other way around: the equivalent of a single AC20 with those 2 SNPPCs and the 2 MGs as backup weapons and to crit open components. I somehow managed to fit a single JJ for both poptarting in low urban environment and to disrupt enemies' aiming.

The final result is 71 total CT armor and 49 total side torso armor, 100+ km/h speed, decent to manageable heat management even on hot maps.

[​IMG]

Some tips:
    • This mech has a 360° torso yaw. Use this both to keep the crooshair on your target all the time because if you torso twist, you actually max out the exposure of your arms and you risk losing your weapons, so the best way to protect your arms is to keep facing your target) and to shoot enemies while fleeing. If you need to protect your weapons (smart pilots will aim to your arms) SNPPCs will always have the priority over MGs.
    • Despite the high armor (someone claimed I was cheating because I was soaking too much damage... I've solo killed a Viper with ER-SLs and MGs, LOL), this urbie has a XL engine. You should fear every pinpoint weapons, so be carefull when you engage someone with double gauss / PPC / Heavy Gauss. Lasers / MGs / UACs are good targets provided that you are capable to spread the damage over your mech. Keep in mind that you still have the structure of a light: once you have no more armor, you will go down very fast.

Skill wise, you should max out operations, most heat-gens (for sustained SNPPC firepower), most armor nodes, a bit of speed and maneuverability (ignore torso quirks, remember that you can already 360° torso twist), namely...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Right now I've noticed that you could actually swap 2 cooldown nodes for other 2 range nodes... but whatever, that's a fine tuning.
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5a054e74a6dd20501a496907#s=Weapons

Thanks to quirks, both SNPPCs and LMGs will have the same range, nearly 300 meters pre-skills... But you will be dealing 1.4 dmg/s instead of 2 and you should (I'm not sure about it) have less crit chance compared to standard MGs. In the end, I prefer standard MGs because they are more than often more usefull during a brawl and still gets a +20% bonus range. I also rarely runned out of ammo with standard MGs despite having no skill bonus to ammo, so I usually prefer the more DPS and more damage per tons provided by the good old standard MGs.

Forgive me for the XL180 engine, but I can't bear STD or LE engine on this mech, plus you can't fit LMGs if you fit a LE engine of the same weight of the current XL180...
    You can actually fit a LE, but you will lose the 2xLMGs and the "purpose" of not dying if you lose one of the side torsoes, because you will lose your left side, you won't have any weapons left.

1440+ damage game

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. rinco

rinco Well-Known Member

Looks good, but maybe change the tag to Casual instead of Funny.

3. CarloArmato

Well, 2xSNPPCs as main weaponry are quite ineffective compared to other weaponry that uses the same tonnage (I could remove the LMGs for 2xLPL and have better DPS, range and heat management over a 0.6 seconds of damage application). Since it's not meant to have either high firepower (especially at range) neither survivability (since it uses an XL engine and it's still a light mech moving at 90+ km/h) it's mostly for fun than from doing / playing good.

Also, 2xSNPPCs works basically like a single AC20 (same damage, better bullet speed, no ammo consumed but waaay hotter), that's why this build is "just4fun".

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  4. CarloArmato

Yeah, definitely a fun build: it's really hot and slow to cool down, but focusing 20 damage on a single component close range while mid-air is always fun. Plus, the XL engine is really unforgiving close range: any pinpoint weapon can ruin your day.

5. CarloArmato

I'm finally having fun with this build: once you get a lot of heat gen nodes, it becomes actually viable and you brawl decently if you manage to focus components

[​IMG]
    With the help of a linebacker and maybe another guy, we pushed back a lance that was trying to bite the tail of our nascar. They were 2 commando, a Jenner and a Shadow Hawk. I killed the jenner with a lucky back stab and killed a commando after destroying both his arms with his whole weaponry. That was actually a fun game (and sort of a duel) thanks to the fact no LRM boats cared about us.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was wondering if its better to switch the LMGs for standard MGs for better DPS at the cost of range, but despite the ballistic range quirk the MGs range will still be under 200 meters... Quite bad.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  6. CarloArmato

Updated OT with final version, switched to standard MGs for improved DPS.

Now this mech can reliably kick asses even on Terra Therma, but you must becareful with the heat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Renegademaster

Renegademaster Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with this, firstly 2 LPLs is 2 tons more, which is allot in a 30 ton chassis, and even though they are quite focused they spread more than PPCs.

Its also way better than the AC20, due to the ridiculously limited ammo you can fit in the tin can.

Most lights have XL engines so saying its not survivable is saying all lights are not survivable, which clearly isnt true. Urbanmechs also survive by not being a priority target, so you can get the opportunity to pop 20 damage into an open torso when supporting your bigger buddies.

8. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

I am running a similar build on the R63 - the SNPPCs are in the left ST so I can’t be disarmed, and the right arm packs 3 MGs. The left arm can be stripped to for the tonnage needed.

It is very difficult to do high damage numbers because the dps is just not there, but it is efficient in destroying opened components with the focused instant damage, and mg crits.

Renegademaster likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast