Twitch link converter disabled for now

Thread in 'MechSpecs News and Info' started by Excalibaard, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Hi guys,

A few of you were running into problems where your twitch videos were being jumbled up by a script that should automatically embed them. This script is a little out of date, meaning it doesn't work well with the current way twitch clips/videos are shared. Sadly, it's not a fast easy 'just install the update' fix, so I've temporarily disabled the parsing of twitch links. That should at least stop them from breaking until I find a better solution.

Cheers,
    Excalibaard

Glowhyena likes this.
  2. Glowhyena

Glowhyena New Member

Understood, I hope you can solve it, pal.

3. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

Hope you can figure out that twitch embedding thing. I stream, so I'll be including links to highlights of me trying out discussed builds.

Excalibaard likes this.
  4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

No progress yet :( you can post links to your stream videos, but they'll not be embedded. I understand from a user's perspective that that's kind of a big deal breaker.

In order to get it fixed I'd need to get a new license installed ($160 + server work fees) or figure out how to edit the core files myself but I'm not experienced with php so haven't gotten around to it in my spare time yet. I hope that at least gives you more info than my original post.

5. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

Yeah, yuck. That's okay. It's a 'nice to have'. If I share a video and people can't be bothered to click the link instead of just pressing 'play', oh well. ;)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast