1. Dear MechSpecs visitors!

To help pay for the hosting, an extra ad slot using Google AdSense's new 'AutoAd' system is being tested. This is only enabled for our (many) guest visitors, so register an account and the site will be back to how it was. Let us know if these ads get too invasive, as user experience is of course top priority!
    --- Regards, the MechSpecs team!

Casual Tempest "Tube Shooter" (2xMRM40, 2xERML, ECM, LE275) +Alt

Thread in 'Tempest' started by rinco, Nov 25, 2017.

1. rinco

rinco Active Member

The Tempest is the most interesting of the Archer variants. Let's review:
    • Is the only variant with a laser cooldown quirk (albeit only -5% IS medium)
    • Has the best missile heat generation quirk at -10%
    • ECM
    So here is the first Tempest build that makes use of the new tech. It packs 2xMRM40 with 2xERML and I call it the Tube Shooter. Because it uses so many tubes, obviously.

Edit: Here's an Alt build I have been running with 2xMRM40, 4xML, ECM and LE295. With Armor quirks and skills it's worth shaving a bit off the Arms and Legs. So far my field study suggests this is a winner...

Matches Played: 10 (Solo QP)
    Wins: 6
    Losses: 4
    W/L Ratio: 1.5
    Kills: 11
    Deaths: 5
    K/D Ratio: 2.2
    Average Damage: 507

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. Rosinante

Rosinante Junior Member

The MRM80 wearer has a good offensive quirk with 10% missile heat generation, while defensive strong armor quirks are available. The flaps, position of the cockpit and the relatively high cooldown of the MRM80, combined with the resulting "heat", make the Tempest not as easy to play as other 'Mechs. This variant has ECM, he is one of the few 'Mechs, which can carry it meaningful.

dropped LaserĀ“s for higher Engine: