TDR-9SE "Wubby Zombie" (3x LPLas, STD260)
4.75/5,

4 ratings

Thread in 'TDR-9SE' started by Tenderballz, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Tenderballz

Tenderballz Junior Member

Hello everyone,

after having too much fun in the Thunderwubs -5SS post-quirks, i had to elite it so i got this -9SE and tried to maximize damage and survivability.

The arms are too low to peak and shoot well so i placed all 3 lasers in the LT, leaving the arms and RT available do soak up damage.

As an added bonus, this build is wallet friendly! I didn't see the need to spend money on another engine or upgrades. so all you need to do is buy 2 more LPLa. =)

The result? The Wubby Zombie!

[oops. just realised i left out the 1JJ from the title. this guy has one!]

2. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

You need to equip Endo-steel, and with the saved weight, you have room for 3 more heatsinks. Definitely a good compromise over putting in 4 x LPlas.

3. Tenderballz

Yup definitely a valid improvement but 50% cooling efficiency so far is good enough for me. i know the endo-steel upgrade isn't that expensive but i figured the additional 8% cooling wasn't really necessary.

I just am pleasantly surprised that it works without any further upgrades. ;)

4. Tenderballz

Can confirm after 2 days of playing that 50% heat efficiency is more than sufficient. 3-4 alphas before overheating. on chain fire i can pretty much kill a fresh assault. =)

5. septi

septi New Member

4/5,
    Good build

6. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Tempted to go XL strangely as you gain 15 KPH, a jump jet, more armour and a much better turning circle:

7. Phra

Phra Junior Member

There you go!

enileph and Big Rico like this.
  8. book

book New Member

I run a similar build with 300 STD and 1 JJ. First game with the mech:

[​IMG]

Despite the terrible hardpoint placement and the fact that you're useless after your left torso is shot, I still like this mech a lot. Maybe it's just the LPLs...

9. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

No ghost heat on 3x LPLs!!! :D

I'm thinking, add Endo, 1x DHS and 2x MLas in the arm. Not to use the MLas much, but, more as a guard in case my Wubby torso is blown. That way, you have the extra 10 points for your alpha if you need, otherwise, you're a little better off if they take your LT...

10. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

The STD295 build is the best imo, the champion I just won even comes with FF so it's perfect.

I bought a STD290 too by mistake tho, oh well I'm going to use it on some stalker build I guess.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Big Rico likes this.
  11. Big Rico

Big Rico Active Member

I just got this mech too in the event. Been running it like this:

Trying out AMS on it for now, and plan on eventually testing without ams and full JJ's instead. If neither of those feel right, going to try the STD295 setup Phra posted.

12. grendeldog

grendeldog New Member

I have to say I haven't been having much luck with this build. Perhaps it is my piloting skills being less that ideal on heavy mechs, but I have much more luck using an MPL 5SS Thunderwub.

I'm not overheating or anything, but even with a level five cooldown module on the LPLs I feel like I don't have enough firepower. I am currently doing the basics for it, so perhaps when I have it mastered there will be an improvement.

Currently I am trying to hang back slightly so that the enemy is still within my effective range on the LPLs but I am not going to be the first thing they see. I'm not getting kills though, and I can barely break 350 damage. Is this playstyle incorrect for this mech?

I am going to try with the 2 ML to see if that does anything for me.

EDIT: I should add that I do believe I am twisting and shielding properly, because my arms and right torso almost always go before I die. I am going to see about further front-loading my armor; perhaps more armor on the front of the mech will help.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  13. Butumali

Butumali New Member

5/5,
    I run slightly different version of this in my CW deck, I always do well in it even if my results aren't spectacular. I run a 290 engine and a little more armor with Ferro and Endo Steel to save weight.

14. onebit

onebit Benefactor

5/5,
    Got my 1st 955 damage game with the STD295 version.

15. frostblade

frostblade New Member

5/5,
    this is a boss mech

16. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Indeed there is enough DHS.
    BUT EVEN SO YOU SHOULD MIN/MAX AND PUT ON ENDO.
    If nothing you can get more armor and AMS, and mybe a bigger engine too.

There is NO REASON you would prefer to have less armor, right? :)

Sample:

17. Sandwhichishere

Sandwhichishere New Member

Same load out I run. It is always fun watching that enemy assault in front of you slump over from your amazing wub-ness. :D

18. Butumali

Butumali New Member

My favorite is when I can work my way behind a few mechs and burn through rear armor before they realize I'm not a hit and run mech. Since it isn't as dramatic as some mechs with either crazy maneuverability or crazy high alpha strikes it doesn't seem like it's doing much. However the constant damage output just shreds other mechs and the survivability means you'll be effective for a long time.

19. Gore Hound

Gore Hound New Member

Updated for 2019. This thing kicks ass.

[​IMG]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast