TDR-5S Shockwave (1x LLas, 2x AC5, 3x MLas, XL300)

Thread in 'TDR-5S' started by Cpt Chattahah, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Similar to how I ran my Jags, but, with more ammo and arm actuators! :D

Enough ammo for 750 damage from your AC/5s @ 6.66dps. Add in that LL at range and you've got a real killer.

I play this back as a direct fire support mech. With the XL, you have enough speed and agility to get around the battlefield fairly easily, but, you're a lot better off using your high power weapons from range until the battle comes to you. Keep the rain going from a distance, with the LL and AC/5s you should be dishing out loads of hurt and not building up a lick of heat. Once the battle draws close, open up with those Mediums. Very easily pick off wounded mechs with a solid alpha and very manageable heat efficiency, stick with your battlegroup and watch your CBills roll in.

Stengths:
    High DPS w/ Low heat
    Long Range Support
    Very quick and agile for 65T
    High ammo for suppression fire
    Main weapons on actuated arms for added agility

Weaknesses:
    XL Engine means higher mortality
    Heat builds up with full weapons
    Arms seem to be targeted off extremely easily - losing you main firepower.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Do i smell a build for the CPLT-K2? :rolleyes:

Have you already tried the Rifleman.build on this?

3. Cpt Chattahah

It's just how I run my JM6-S a lot of the time. The K2 has the same problem as the Jag, though. No arm actuators. This takes the same build and makes a bit better use out of the agility...

4. Saux

Saux New Member

I'm probably not the only one that likes having AMS on anything slower then 90-100kph, so I tweeked the build a little bit to add it in. Shaved .5 ton off the legs and dropped a ton of ac5 ammo unfortunately. Could always drop a heatsink instead of the ac5 ammo though.

5. Shaftronics

Shaftronics Active Member

I prefer something along the lines of this;

The synergy between the AC/5's and the PPC cannot be denied. Also, you can afford to use the ERPPC at nearly any range save for when your medium lasers are more efficient. Without the Medium Lasers, the cooling efficiency is at a good 49%.

6. Cpt Chattahah

That's a great way to go, Shaft. I totally agree, the ERPPC and AC/5 go hand in hand. Closest Ballistic to Energy projectile speed, very similar range, great synergy. Moreover, once the PPC gets hot, you can continue to fire the dual AC/5s at 6.66 DPS and be dissipating 1.5 HPS.

The only issues I see with the ERPPC on this build are that you are either A) Very hot in a close range fight or B) Not using your PPC and losing firepower in a close range fight.

Not the worst things to manage, however, I like to be able to keep my heat down personally. Your build is more of a ranged fighter, but, GOD is it a beastly one! :D

7. HozeMonky

HozeMonky New Member

New to Mech Specs. Thanks for the great resource and info.

Been running this build with an ERLL swapped for the LL. The nearly matched range on the ERLL and AC/5s is awesome and runs cooler than PPCs. This is a solid build!

8. Cpt Chattahah

Welcome, HozeMonky! Hope you enjoy your stay and look forward to great theory-crafting discussions! :D

9. Cpt Chattahah

Quite a lot of long range AC/5 @ Alpine.
    [​IMG]
    And some solid owning of the BoomJags. (brawling up close w/ the better agility in the arms owns)
    [img width=700 height=437]http://i.imgur.com/yWz7o0C.jpg[/img]

Desperately needs more AC/5 ammo. However, all crit slots are taken. Looks like I'll be dropping a DHS. This thing runs very cool anyway. Now that I'm elited, I'll prolly drop that DHS and pump another ton of AC/5 into the CT. May also go for an ERLL to help with those big maps.

Great money maker in the Hero Variant.

10. Strychnine

Strychnine Active Member

Just ran this, but with the dropped DHS and the extra ton of ammo.

What a beast. Now I'll have to keep a look out for Chatz in game again :p

11. Cpt Chattahah

I just ran a 7 matches, I was averaging appx $244,000 per match. Not a bad money maker.

12. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

If critslots are the problem, you're missing a slot in the engine (OP).
    You still need to get tonnage from somewhere though, so I'd probably still drop a DHS.

13. Heftyjo

Heftyjo New Member

Nice build :)

Had a 5 kill, 5 assist, 693 damage round with this. Took down a mostly untouched Battle master by myself on one match. Just had another where an Orion and 2 jagermechs tried to flank us and took all three out. Friend of mine in a Highlander was like, "Damn you're a beast".

14. GDCarlyle

GDCarlyle Junior Member

I am currently running a similar build, but the major change is that I am using an STD 275 instead of an XL300 and 1xUAC-5 instead of 2xAC-5. Loose a little bit of damage and consistency, but I get very nervous using an XL in a tbolt.

15. Cpt Chattahah

I actually haven't played this much since Phoenix dropped. I just rediscovered how much fun it is! I have, however, made some slight tweaks;

Swapped for an XL295 and ERLL and added AMS.

At range, fire the ERLL and AC/5s together with great heat efficiency.
    [​IMG]
    Up close, drop the ERLL and open up with the MLas. As an enemy shows some weak crits, punch in with that ERLL and watch them melt.
    [img width=700 height=362]http://i.imgur.com/VHDVtw6.png[/img]

I still feel the AC/5 is the greatest weapon in the game. Such minimal heat for a weapon that pulls 3.33DPS. Most builds can easily run 2xAC/5 at full auto and still be cooling heat as you push out 6.66DPS. B-E-A-UTIFUL!

16. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

The only thing keeping me from using this build is the XL in a T-Bolt, which I don't like. Double AC5 is a very strong argument, though... I think I should give this a try despite the XL. :cool:

17. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

If you don't mind running 12 kph slower (which a sane person probably would mind):
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=114&l=8a11e2b9d9b34a811bdc74faf59f4ad0943beb67

I ran this build for a while with XL300 and it was pretty fun, but I've sine moved on to find some new possibilities

18. Graystone

Graystone New Member

I prefer standard engines. Despite my misgivings about a XL in a thunderbolt however, this build has been working out quite well for me. Even with a XL 275 installed (because thats the closest I have at the moment) this thing runs cool and puts out a steady stream of damage at all ranges. Easy to use, effective, and fun. 5/5

19. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

I built this early on when the Phoenix pack was released and I've not turned back yet. Sure, the missile hardpoints are unused but it's such a good moneymaker this build (with the 30% CB bonus) that I don't miss them.

Put in Target Info, AC5 weapons II (78m more max range) and a seismic sensor and it's even more effective.

Time to acknowledge that with a 5 star vote. :)

20. ArkNemesis

ArkNemesis Well-Known Member

Hello,

I run mine with STD engine, thus exchanging the LLas for à MLas:

Sure it is more slow and a bit less damaging, but it runs really cool, and I use one torso and one arm as full shield.

Have fun all

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast