TDR-5S "Lefty" (1x AC10, 3x LLas, XL300)

Thread in 'TDR-5S' started by Excalibaard, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Hello everyone!

I've been playing around with a 3 LLas in the left torso concept (as seen in my other build thread PUG Pony), and got something weird which I guessed I'd share.
    Not sure if it's viable (especially the XL engine makes the right side as being a shield less effective that I'd like) but I'll be happy to receive modification suggestions to the build.
    The LLas should be chain fired to avoid ghost heat, but still deal a respectable 9DMG/s.

Obviously also possible with LBX10 if you're more of a close range fighter, strip armor with the LLs, shotgonne to the critical internals. I feel that with an AC10 you're able to stay more at range with full effectiveness. Then again the LBX has more DHS which puts the sustainability of chained LLas through the roof.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  2. DarkLobster

DarkLobster Well-Known Member

The LBX version was the second build I tried on this chassis. It was fun and seemed to work pretty well, but I have since moved on to other builds.

3. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Obligatory update to a Light Engine.

Stripped out two DHS and some left arm armor to get the LE275. I wouldn't miss the two DHS much because I think a heat efficiency over 40% is silly. :D

Excalibaard likes this.
  4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

how about exactly 40%?

Von Demon likes this.
  5. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

40% is actually on the low side if you've only got 13 DHS. Once you get up there, dissipation isn't enough to ever get you low again unless you take 30 seconds off from the fight

6. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast