TBT-5J Brawler Build (1x SRM6, 5x MLas, AMS, XL325)

Thread in 'TBT-5J' started by Shadin, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Shadin

Shadin New Member

This is my build!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

Pretty quick! How do you find the heat buildup with all 5 of those MLas pumping off?

3. Shadin

Shadin New Member

Heats pretty good. A little hotter than most brawlers. The jump jets and speed lets you get in and out of cover quickly though. Its fun just jump over assaults while blasting away at them.

4. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

I like the speed you are getting out of this 'Mech. This build looks great on paper, once I purchase this variant I'll give it a try.

Mythweaver.

5. disastrophe

disastrophe New Member

I like it, but I switched a leg JJ with the SRM ammo in the center torso (JJs don't explode, SRM ammo does!) and removed a LT heatsink so I could put Artemis on the SRM6. Mostly personal preference on the latter, but definitely don't put ammo in your CT. :)

6. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

Looks nice! Glad to see someone has some luck with that chassis. I personally couldn't fight my way out of a training facility in it.

7. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

I run something very similar, 5ML+SRM6 but without the endo and with +1 DHS, only 4/5 JJ and a BAP. Reason being you really need that target data real fast to find the vulnerable spots. Modules Advanced Sensors and Capture Accelerator (for now, will unlock the Target Info soon).

Did rather well on River City with it as seen in the screenshot below. 5 kills and 578 of opportunistic kidney punches - One or too standup fights admittedly but most were sneaky stabs.

[​IMG]

8. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Great brawling build for this mech. Great engine, and good JJ. 5-5

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Brawling with STD Engine and high Cooling:

or "Triple JJ":

or "Speed":

or "XL":

:rolleyes:

i think i have found my favorite build for the TBT-5J. That Alphastrike is phenomenal! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  10. don Zappo

don Zappo Advanced Member

Hmm... Maybe this build is where it's at? I've been having a bad time with this chassis, but maybe running it like my cicada assassin is the way to go. I've been veering away from making it a close range fighter like this, since the mech is so giant and fragile it just seemed like it would end in instant death. But... maybe? If you just get in and out then it might live. I'll give it a go and see if this is the magic build that finally works. Now I just have to decide between the OP build and Blagg's latest build as they both look fantastic. As a comment to Blagg, though (if you're still reading this), is leg armor just currency for you? I swear you have zero builds out there with full leg armor! Heh.

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

yeah i run zero builds with full armored legs, because i guess in 10% of my games i get legged. So i always start to strip Armor there to get free tons for anything more useful. You can always trade something back for more Legarmor, if that suits your Taste more. :)