Casual TBR-BH "Stock improved" (2xcLPL, 5xcMPL, TC1, ECM) + omniset
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Timber Wolf Omni Builds' started by CarloArmato, Jul 22, 2021.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Fully exploits the whopping -7,5% pulse laser heat quirk.

Use 2xLPL to harass enemy players from range, but stick with your nascar. Use MPLs to finish off or close in on snipers, but remember that you are gonna lose most trades at range if any sniper is actively looking for you.

Alpha strike only when you are really cool, otherwise use only 1 of the 2 firing groups, depending on range.

Swap LPL for ERPPCs for improved sniping performance.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  2. For comparison for maximized sustained dps.

(In Mech DB the sustained dps is 9.46.)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  3. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

I pine for the pre-range nerf clan MPL's.

I was going to do 2xERPPC, 5xSPL, but 2xLPL 5xMPL looks like fun, I'll have to give it a whirl.

4. ShooterMcGavin80

Alternate idea here, spitballing: 3xLPL, + SPL:

Should give you the ability to trade better, can probably reliably alpha the 3xLPL.

5. Renegademaster

Renegademaster Well-Known Member

5/5,
    This mech is deadly first game i got 6 kills in.

I run 2xLPL, 5xMPL no TC

Sandy Thompson likes this.
  6. ShooterMcGavin80

Baradul showcased the OP version:

7. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

A note on his skill tree:
    • it is wrong to not max out range (or almost max... You can spare just 1 to 3 nodes if you really want to) for the simple reason that you need al the range you can get to pinpoint damage against any LBX/SRM brawler. Being able to fully apply damage over SRM maximum range is a great advantage, as well as being able to apply most damage when out of MPL optimal range...
    • don't bother with heat containment, because they are useless. An increase in heat threshold won't help you in the long run (in practice, that bonus will kick in only once when completely cool and will allow you to alpha strike just a little bit earlier... Once. If you never reach 0% again, it is wasted nodes). Instead, you could spend those nodes to max seismic sensor (and achieve a free UAV every type you stop a moment to check for nearby threat / brawlers or to stalk your prey when it attempts to flank / avoid you)
    In the end, I would either use something like this: https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...c00000000000000e877665ea7fe9c000000#s=Weapons

Gains:
    • +0.6% heatgen (maxed out)
    • +0.6% cooldown
    • +2% range (so +12% range)
    • Max seismic sensor (basically, free 200m UAV when standing still, useful when evaluating the next move when you are hidden behind cover and cooling off)
    Loses:
    • No more nodes in coolshot, so no more dual improved coolshot (debatable, since the easiest way to avoid needing a coolshot is to keep cover next to you and hide when running hot, which isn't really that hard thanks to 81 km/h speed)
    • Heat containment
    • A single improvement node on a consumable you are gonna use once (... so meh)

8. ShooterMcGavin80

I generally agree with your comments on the skill tree Carlo. However, I do find the heat containment nodes to be worth it. When running hot having a higher heat max reduces the amount of time you have to wait for a followup alpha. I would go:

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...000000000000000e86f777fa5fe9ca2211f#s=Weapons

Which truly maxes out the offense in expense of defense. If this was a non-ECM mech I'd spend those sensor nodes on the survival tree.

I think it is fair to say there are at least a couple different ways to truly optimize the build. Going a little lighter on consumables/firepower/ops to max out either survival or agility I think could also be legit.

9. Sandy Thompson

Sandy Thompson New Member

Ive been having a great experience with the obvious 2lpl and 5mpl on one of the mechs and a 4lpl setup on the other. The 4lpl really surprised me with how cool it stays.

10. Nekromanteia

Nekromanteia Benefactor

Having preordered the warden pack and quitting before trying the mechs, I love this build as compared to 4 LPLs. Did very well on its 1st test

11. Evvo

Evvo Well-Known Member

5/5,
    Stock or standard type laser build. Works very well, utilizes the 5% pulse laser quirk from omnipod bonus. Great pinpoint and heat level, maybe hot for beginners, but a top performing build for the BH.
    Highest dmg achieved after a few games: 960

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast