Sorting / Organizing Mech Bays

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by QueadlunnRau, Mar 4, 2018.

1. QueadlunnRau

QueadlunnRau New Member

Long time lurker first time poster.

I've performed a search for Sort, Sorting, Organizing etc.. without finding a thread on if/how you can organize your mechs in your mech bay?

I have seen some of my mechs change position after mechlabing them so I'm believing it can be done with some sort of trick maybe? (I've tried naming them alphabetically to trigger the change etc )

Can you? My mech count is getting high and they are ALL my favorites, however I would like to organize them but can't find out how, google is bringing back limited results saying its in UI 2.0 etc...

Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated and if there is no way to organize then WTF PGI a lot of us who play games like this have OCD and need some organization mangs.!

Excalibaard likes this.
  2. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Mechs are separated into weight classes and then sorted by name. I don't know of anything else you can do

3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Hey there lurker! :)

There are 2 ways to sort mechs in-game.

'Class' sorts all mechs in a weight class by chassis alphabetically, then by name alphabetically.
    'Chassis' sorts all mechs into separate dropdown menus of their chassis, then by name alphabetically.

What I did for my hunchbacks is give them a number before the name, as a way to order them.

What I use a lot to find certain parts are the filters for inner sphere/clan mechs. since clan mechs will likely not have an engine I'm looking for (most are omnimechs), I switch to inner sphere only and that helps to wade through my 150 mechs.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  4. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

I've noticed the same thing, specifically where I have more than one of the same variant of a chassis. (For example, I have two Timberwolf-C variants; and when I refit one or the other, they often get reorganized.) I can't say I've ever noticed what specifically is causing this reorganization; whether it's based on weapons, firepower, skills, etc. I have no idea. And aside from renaming them alphabetically as @Excalibaard suggests, and which you alluded to in your original post, I can't think of any way to prevent such reorganization, or to intentionally reorganize 'Mechs oneself.

5. You can rename the mech name under the Loadout tab, top left - click on the pencil.

The names will then go in order by mech alphabetically (numbers first).
    For example...
    00boombox, AlphaKing, BestSupportEva!,... etc.

6. QueadlunnRau

QueadlunnRau New Member

If you were meaning you can sort your mechs by the penciled Name I assigned them, well that is a no go, see my picture for an example. However if you are meaning you can sort multiple of the same mech by name, ah I can see that thanks.

So what I am reading is I cannot manually sort my different mechs at all, only my same mechs with different names.

[​IMG]

7. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I RECOMMEND WAITING 6 MORE YEARS FOR UI 2.34159265 FOR THIS FEATURE. :facepalm:

Shock and Falconium like this.
  8. By then we may be able to save a skill tree....

Falconium likes this.
  9. Excalibaard

or a loadout.

@QueadlunnRau I checked for you. Apparently when you sort by 'Class', it still sorts by CHASSIS FIRST, and only THEN alphabetical.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why it does that, only PGI knows. However, the best way to organise your mechs is to set the sorting to 'Chassis' and click a few extra times/remember what you have one each mech I suppose.

Only mechs of the same chassis will shift position after you give them a new name (for example your ACH and MAD-IIC).

10. Dagonus

Dagonus Moderator Staff Member

I see your JM-DD and mine have the same name. I believe we are now obligated to personal combat so that there my only be one. I am sorry it has come to this. You seem like a nice person.

Baard covered the intelligent comment that I might have had.

11. QueadlunnRau

QueadlunnRau New Member

I accept the challenge, however I'm just your average below average player so defeat may be in my future, however that shouldn't stop one from having fun.

@Excalibaard OMG I missed there is a Chassis/Class sorting in the previous posts, Chassis sorting first than it will do it Alphabetically, YAY, that helps! I see my mech count is low, thought i was high, but 147 with multiple of the same chassis is probably what PGI had in mine for sorting.

12. Dagonus

That's just for those of us who have been playing this game too long and have given PGI all of our money.

Don't ever feel like your mech count is low. If you are having fun, then just enjoy the game.

Edit: My grammar was atrocious even by my low 16th century standards and I screwed the quoting up royally.

13. QueadlunnRau

QueadlunnRau New Member

What sucks is I started playing MWO long ago in 2013, but then quit for other games, I came back a couple months ago to see a crazy amount of new mechs, 12v12, clan mechs and like a dum dum what did I do first thing? Sell most of my mechs to get some new ones, lol still kicking myself in the butt for that, I miss my JM6-S, CPLT-K2 (I know what a dum arse for selling this one), STK-3F all my Jenners etc...

14. Dagonus

15. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

guess you decided to PRESTIGE your mech bay!

Excalibaard likes this.
  16. Excalibaard

that sucks man. The JM6, STK and CPLT (last only a recent buy for me :x) are still great, and you'll still have historic XP for them (assuming you didn't look at skilltree before selling them).

I also see a lot of people with even more mechs than me and then feel like I may not have 'enough' to really stream/build different builds. Then I realize I have spent almost $500 total on this game over the years and think my life choices over again. Just enjoy the game at your own pace and don't feel bad (and hope for C-Bill Bays in the future)

Dagonus likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast