Should I buy a Huginn?

Thread in 'Raven' started by epikt, Oct 30, 2014.

1. epikt

epikt Benefactor

1/ the mech is getting nice SRM4 quirks, and I love lights with SRMs;
    2/ the mech is on -50% sale at the moment;
    3/ the mech is forking gorgeous.

So I'm seriously reconsidering buying it, despite the fact I'm not the biggest Raven aficionado and I don't think it will be any better than my dear Oxide.
    What do you think?

2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

If you buy it at 50% off, your only 50% of an idiot.

Roosterfish, Excalibaard and epikt like this.
  3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Yeah, gotta agree... I'm a Raven jock and even I look at the Huggin and go "No thanks".

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I just thought 1sec about the same question. Well, i'm a f***ing collector like Remarius.. . but NO THX!

5. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

imho the raven just doesn't have the profile / hitboxes for CQC

6. epikt

epikt Benefactor

What are you doing guys? I open this thread so you encourage me to buy this thing and then I have someone else than myself to blame for how a bad decision it was, but look what you did! You actually recommend not buying it!

I guess I have to thank you for your most precious advice :shy:

(next thread: "should I buy the incoming Locust Hero?")

7. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

it's just like 5$ now, go for it.

8. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

And the Camo is EPIC when using PURPLE.

NARCing with a hero bonus can't be bad, either. And all the LRM trolling and crit seeking with quad MGs possible.:thumbsup:

Come on, you want it. You need it! It's like me and the Fang... ^_^

9. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I look at the Huggin like I would if Kate Beckinsale had some sort of STD; you really wanna tap that but you aren't quite sure if you are gonna get stung. In the end, you take a deep breath, wrap it and hit it.

I'm just sayin'.

Buy it if you want to LOL

Roosterfish likes this.
  10. HadleyHope

HadleyHope Star Lord

She is all ours, hands off...

11. epikt

epikt Benefactor

The camo is already epic by default, but yep, purple makes it glorious:

[​IMG]

^_^

Not sure I would waste tonnage on a NARC, I already have the -3L for this and the Huginn is already short on damage potential. I would go for something like this:

12. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

hey should I get it?

:cautious:

13. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Decide by the Looks (Camo etc) not by the Hardpoints. Just like i did with the Resistance Pack. :D

14. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

15. Roosterfish

Roosterfish Well-Known Member

That 50% idiot comment by Vergere is golden.

Hypothetically speaking here but which STD would Kate have? If it was treatable with normal antibiotics I would just have to take my chances like the old used up Sailor I am.

Even though I have not played MWO in a couple of months I am considering buying the Hugie just to run one of the LRM builds when I start playing again. Something about at the start of a match asking in general chat for people to hold locks for the LRM boat while running the Hugie makes me smile.

The bonus would be that at 50% off I would only be 50% of an idiot for buying it.

16. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

On a sidenote: LRM Damage getting nerfed from 1.1 down to 1.0. Not much but you should keep in mind. ;)

17. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

It's fun...but I only bought it because of an earlier sale and had the mechbay. Being a light (and therefore only like $4-5), I would say it's absolutely worth it to have a gorgeous if ammo-dependent mech so long as you yourself will enjoy playing it. So now you have someone to blame if you do :p

18. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

TBH I always question the sanity of Huginn pilots. They are voluntarily signing up for all of the weaknesses of a Raven (bad hitboxes, big legs, etc) to give up the glorious ECM that the 3L carts into combat. And it never works either...even with the quirks, I just can't see a Huginn as making me even the slightest bit hesitant to engage in my Ember or Jenner...or anything else that I run for that matter. ;)

19. epikt

epikt Benefactor

After a fierce inner struggle opposing reason and urge, there is no turning back: I bought the damn thing! :oops:
    Untested yet, I will wait for the quirks to be active before I drop on this mech. I'll keep you inform on my sanity and on the performances of the mech.

20. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Epikt, the question of your sanity was resolved long before this... ;)

epikt likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast