SHD-5M ShotHawk (2x SRM4, 1x LBX10, 2x MLas, 5x JJ, XL275)

Thread in 'SHD-5M' started by ronaldson, Oct 23, 2013.

1. ronaldson

ronaldson New Member

So this is my current 5m Build. You can make this on any variant, but I like it best on here because both lasers are in one arm, leaving your other arm to shield. Also, I like having the extra jump jets so I can hop all over the place and be a bit harder to hit. Gotta offset that xl somehow right?

Layout:

1: Lbx
    2: Medlasers
    3: Srms.

Play a little defensively with an assault at first, then when people are distracted, just roll around grabbing kills. This thing is angry.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I came up with something similar, but as your thread is already there... In comparison to your build I skipped the AMS and only used 3 JJs, but upgraded the SRM in the RT to a 6-sized launcher and added another ton of SRM ammo.

[size=8pt]An optimized build obv. goes with the XL280 weighing the same as the XL275, but why not use the stuff that comes with the mech?

3. ronaldson

ronaldson New Member

Thanks for the rating. Yeah, I thought of doing the same. But figured the mobility added by all those jump jets was to fun to pass up. Also the 5m is the only that can do it. So why not lol.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

My version.
    Less Jumpjets. It's nice that the 5M can mount 5 but I only use them for small ledges and fast turns, 1 JJ is enough for that.
    I put the tonnage of AMS into upgrading from XL280 to XL300 (only 1.5 ton difference!)
    The tonnage from the JJs is turned into trying to make use of pulse lasers. Not usually a big fan of them dure to their range but the short duration makes them effective at hitting lights and critical areas, which capitalizes the critting potential of the LBX+2xSRM4.

Very solid build otherwise.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Impressive, the OP lead me to this here:

Looks like a powerful Terminator at Close Range, when Main Fight is almost over and you can slowly clean up with the rest. :rolleyes:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast