SHD-5M "Gambler" (2x UAC5, 3x JJ, STD265)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'SHD-5M' started by gerbilattack, Oct 17, 2013.

1. gerbilattack

gerbilattack New Member

While this build does need (a lot of) work, i was curious as to why there were no UAC builds on the Shadow Hawk. This was because at least in the current patch the Shadow hawk seems to have a disproportionately low chance of jamming the UAC. (in my experience well below 25%) As such i have a build which uses UAC5, but is otherwise all but stock, making it low cost, but hopefully effective.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Skyer Stralende

Skyer Stralende Junior Member

Your build is significantly deficient in the ammo department, and also has no back-up weapons for when you run dry or do not wish to waste resources.

Here is a more usable version:

Sufficient ammo, but still less than I prefer (I'd probably switch out an MLas for another ton), it's still decently mobile, with better armor on the important places, and has additional weaponry.

(Also, the title of the thread states "3xUAC5", which is in error because the build contains only two autocannons.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    Rags1983 likes this.
  3. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

Might be worth testing something like this out again now that it has an UAC/5 quirk.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Go full UAC or go home!!! ;)

210 rounds should suffice. She doesn't need speed or height as she should mainly just hill hump and use those high mounts for long-distance support.

Rags1983 and The Verge like this.
  5. Rags1983

Rags1983 New Member

Cpt Chattah, I pretty much do this in the 2H and absolutely FACE STOMP some matches. I can't wait to do it in the 5M... because it will do it all BETTER than my 2H. Super fun dakka.

6. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I'd put a bit more armor, the 260->250 downgrade isn't too big in terms of speed, but 38 vs 52 armor, in the ammo-storing legs, will increase durability a lot.

About it being better on the 5M I'm not totally sure, I can trade 2.5% cooldown for +7.5% velocity with ease, since it helps focusing the damage.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Starmaker likes this.
  7. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

5/5,
    Hey guys, try this build with the new quirks. It's glorious. It's SO STRONK. Oh and I prefer the STD250 with exactly 6,5 tons of ammo, legs 40 and a second Jumpjet.

it's sick.

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

What?!?! You knew it was coming!

9. Starmaker

Starmaker New Member

5/5,
    Good DPS with great mobility.

I like STD250 build with 2xJJ instead; drop some leg and head armor to add the 2nd JJ.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast