SHD-2K "The Standard" (2x PPC, 3x SSRM2, BAP, 2x JJ, XL280)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'SHD-2K' started by Daekar, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Daekar

Daekar Junior Member

I'm actually floored nobody else has posted this. This was the first build I thought of immediately on seeing the hardpoints and their placements. Should be able to handle even stacked ECM with the BAP plus PPCs.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  2. johnluke

johnluke New Member

This guy has real potential. The only problem is you may find yourself torn between playstyles. Streaks demand in close action, and with PPC's you should keep your distance. I would probably play as a sniper, and use streaks solely for light defense.

3. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

This will be my first try when it comes out for cbills. Either this or 3LL.

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

One less DHS, and with MLas.
    Not as hot as you would think since you only use MLas along with your streaks, when the range is too short for PPC actions.

5. Daekar

Daekar Junior Member

I agree - keep range and play like you're in a Jester, with the streaks in reserve until the enemy closes.

6. scromboid

scromboid Well-Known Member

This is the one that's been in my Smurfy. You get the credit!! Absolutely phenomenal build!

Edit: Quick note... this is a great build for sniping but also for light chasing. You would only really want to use your streaks when you got swarmed... and then they are in for a nasty surprise!

7. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

An XL280? you can do better than that. This is a long range mech and those need speed. While I usually get BAP for the decreased locktime and ECM countering, you have PPCs to knock ECM off if you're a good shot. You can exchange that for an XL300 or you can get creative with the armor values:

having an extra 8% of speed and torso twist speed (though that's already a quirk here) is in my experience very useful. Credit where credit's due though: I love your BAP positioning, very creative.

This version is probably not viable, but I wanted to share that it is possible:

No BAP and less Heat Dissipation, in return you get a much larger engine than expected.
    You can even forget DHS exist and get an XL350. That's pretty scary though.

Can also try it out with ERLL:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  8. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I prefer LPL and a lot of JJs as close range defense, also, very well armored.

one more dhs, faster

9. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Hmmm... Poptarts.
    [​IMG]

10. psiber

psiber Junior Member

Variant: "The Standard w/Hemi"
    Extremely close to SubjectSeven's build but I am addicted to BAP.
    I tend to just run out of missiles left at the end of the match as I only use the on lights bugging me. Also there is more left arm armor than right arm, obviously i want to protect my PPC side more. To each their own. Thanks for the original build!

11. PholkLorr

PholkLorr New Member

[​IMG][/URL]

This is my favourite mech and favourite build. Mobile and relatively fast + able to scare of lights with ssrms. I only have 1 ton of SSRMs since my primary aim is to scare away light mechs (though if they wanna stay longer they are welcome to explode).

12. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

When mastered I'd change 1 PPC to ER version.

It got a bit nerfed tho with the Streak damage drop.

13. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

5/5,
    An excellent build that makes good use of the quirks, and all of the old ratings apparently were lost in the transition to the new forums.