SHD-2K "Solahma Special" (3x ERLLas, XL325)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'SHD-2K' started by Excalibaard, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

you will always have a special place in my heart ^_^

3. johnluke

johnluke New Member

I've tested both these builds and can say that they are pretty damn effective. The shoulder energy on the SHD-K is a really welcome addition to the shadowhawk family. Now these mechs are ever MORE versatile.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

You just convinced me to buy this variant.

Looks TASTY! I'll let you know results.

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

My version is slower, I like the BAP when I have loads of streaks.
    Oh this one has a bit more ammo, you can reduce it to 2 tons and add some more armor/JJ/etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  6. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Two different builds; split them.

7. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Forgot about this... now I'm getting all hot 'n bothered. I can't wait to give it a go! :rofl:

8. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I like this version

BAP+Adv.sensor.Range+target info gathering+cool 3x ERLLas are really nasty :D

And can fit AMS too...love ^_^ really worth the 8km/h speed drop imo.

And the firing rate of 3 ERLLas is perfect, when sniping, waiting to land all the laser then start firing the other will perfecly cycle the 3 of them.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  9. waynesalt

waynesalt New Member

This might be a cheaper alternative, without splurging a arm and a kidney for an XL. Fire two then one, to manage the ghost heat :)

10. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

-2 DHS will really hurt the potential of this build, but having a shield torso+arm would be nice. I've always looked at it as: If the laser torso is destroyed, my mech is now useless anyway so might as well have died. Thus an XL engine isn't as disadvantageous.

Plus, the XL 325 is something most pilots should eventually have in their inventory. it is a fantastic engine size for a lot of mediums.

11. waynesalt

waynesalt New Member

that's true, and so far my 2k only has 2ERLLs and the std 275 because i've basically not got much in the way of spare c-bills... so right now no DHS and no endo, and Definitely no XL engine :(

this is what i'm running right now, and it seems ok. i just keep forgetting that i'm Not in my brawler DDC and sometimes forget to run away and hide/snipe...

12. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

A STD270 weighs 1 ton less, so you can use that for a heat sink. That makes it more managable for only a few kph (Especially when mastered).

As Solahma already said though, the XL engine is not really an issue, and the speed is often welcome since you want to stay on the outskirts of the battle. And don't remove too much armor from the legs/CT. The CT is where the new players will aim, the legs is where the veteran players will aim, and where the new players will hit once you use your jump jets. You can't always prevent damage to these parts with torso twisting as you need to fire at the enemy as well from time to time.

13. manty5

manty5 New Member

This version trades one of the shield arms, one of the jump jets, and one of the DHS for a top speed of 113.4 kph when mastered. All but 2 of the sinks are put into the engine resulting in less crit buffering but enabling ferro.

I bought a 3k just to try this out, and I must say that it's wonderful for getting into sneaky firing positions in pubs. 27 points of damage is a LOT more when you're applying it to an enemy's back, and the speed is enough to change positions regularly and outrun most things that you can't kill.

14. HydroKyle240

HydroKyle240 New Member

This is a fun mech, but I just always seem to come back to the gauss sniper shadowhawk, just for quicker popping action to help prevent some damage when I do get shot at. I end up using my 2k for my splatter build. But laser surgery is always fun, and still effective after the invasion :)

Sniper (kick the res up, default sucks)

Splatter

Can somebody post up some cool footage of the triple erll please? And quote me the video so that I get the notification.

15. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I'll try to get a video out in the next week.

I also removed the embeded videos as they are not related to this build thread. Please keep gameplay footage to its specific build thread, your own user video thread, or a simple URL link to avoid confusion and clutter.

Also, there is a risk that ERLL will be getting a heat improvement, but an much longer duration (supposedly testing in the PTS today). If that is the case, this build might work better with regular Large Lasers and a Level 5 Range Module.

16. Greenjulius

Greenjulius New Member

Even after the duration nerf I find this build to be very effective. Split the ERLLs into two groups to control ghost heat. I'm posting 1000+ games with more frequency in this mech than any other. It's a boon for the Worth Adversaries 2 tournament.

Edit: I finished 6th in the tournament thanks to a modified version of this mech as well as Vefrfolnir, Skyler Stralende's 2H build.

Shadow Hawks are insane.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
  17. mmstahlman

mmstahlman Active Member

Played 4 matches with this so far:

Then I came upon this post. Nice build.
    I used an XL330 from my Dragon Slayer and dropped armor and a DHS for 4xJJ. Working nice so far, even on basics.
    Agree with the post "Shoot 2, then 1" to manage heat.

Button 1: 2xERLL
    Button 2: 1xERLL
    Button 3: Chainfire

Works pretty well. Easy to stay in cover, re-position if needed, and still deal decent damage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

5/5,
    funny that nobody voted this yet - it's one of the best snipers overall and perhaps THE best IS sniper

19. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Probably because Shadowhawks haven't gotten much attention since the site switch/stat reset as well as no big improvements from quirks. Still, the 2K got -7.5% energy heat gen so this build got a little bit better ;)

20. Phra

Phra Junior Member

Sparky is love, Sparky is life!