SHD-2K "Dirty Bird" (2x LLas, 3x SRM4, 3x JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'SHD-2K' started by Solahma, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

With the added changes to HSR coming on the 29th and noticeable improvements on the public test servers 4/24, I decided to focus on a build that has a good compromise of SRMs and high-mounted LLas.

Here is my initial test build:

Designed to make good use of the high mounted energy points with the 2 LLas, but leave room for great speed and SRM availability. The SRM4s don't really need artemis and they got a slight buff recently (decreased cooldown time). The 3 jump jets will help carry this mech to good heights and over large obstacles to put an SRM alpha into mechs on the other side, or scrape with its LLas.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

**4x SRM4 is invalid, change it back...**
    Almost had a wet dream from that.

My version. A bit more hot and jumpy but no DHS in hand.

Love how you can swap between SRM4 and SSRM2 easily.

3. Vaeden

Vaeden Active Member

I love this build! I tweaked it a bit ...

4. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

I really enjoy this configuration. :)

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

A remark on the original build, If you have many jumpjets, you want max leg armor. It's common practice for many people nowadays to aim at the legs, and jumping up you'll give them an even easier shot at them. You need the armor there more than on your arms.

STD engine variant that still runs decently fast.

And an XL320 version (I usually use XL325, but that extra JJ is pretty nice)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  6. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

Well, that and the extra fall damage they implemented.

7. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

yeah, any of these builds in the light-medium weight classes should really equip the Shock Absorption modules. It helps A LOT to negate the fall damage, puts it back near what it used to be. It helps less for heavies and assaults though.

@Subject, I agree with the legging thing for the most part. The nice think about the 2K is that you are generally jump-sniping over terrain with those extremely high shoulder hardpoints. You should have no excuse to show the enemy your legs, or the lower half of your torsos for that matter. Lights catching you is another matter though, hence me agreeing with your suggestion. This is probably why I prefer the PPC shoulder builds.

8. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

Starting to get 500+ damage games now with this. :D

9. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

I think I am going to start replacing the streaks in my other Shadowhawks with srm4s. It feels like a good short range hammer that even assault mechs notice. Usually limbs start to come off when I get to range to use them.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast