SHD-2D2 LightMech Scarer (2xLPlas + 4xSSRM2 + BAP + 1xJJ+ XL300)

Thread in 'SHD-2D2' started by satiro, May 30, 2014.

1. satiro

satiro New Member

I'm going to try this mech today. The idea of this mech is to be used for support the Assaults against lights (not to chase lights). And to add some firepower to Assaults with the LPLasers.

Edit note: Original loadout had a "smurfy" bug, this is e92 build thx for feedback

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Brutally effective build. With the range and power of LPLs, you can still get the legs off a light pretty easily without having to chase too far. Moreoever, 4x SSRM w/ BAP will make it a mess for ANY mech that gets within 270m. Very, very good build.

3. e92

e92 Benefactor

I think you have a smurfy glitch on the loadout.

Code:
    Item        Slots    Count    Total Slots
    Endo        14    1    14
    Ferro        14    1    14
    XL Engine    12    1    12
    L(P)Las        2    2     4
    SSRM2        1    4     4
    BAP        2    1     2
    JJ        1    1     1
    Ammo        1    3     3
    ==================================
    Total                54

The 2D2 has 53 slots. 8 in each arm, 12 in each torso, 2 in each leg, 8 in CT, 1 in head = 2*(8+12+2)+8+1 = 44+8+1 = 53

If you want ferro armor, you would be forced to drop 1 ton of ammo. You get full armor though.

Up the engine size if you don't want to waste the 0.17 extra weight.

The MWO weapon stats seemed to have glitched on me and say I fire 340.96 SSRM missiles per match, but the number of matches is suspiciously low. By guessing, I think I fire about 275 on average, so ferro in the 2D2 isn't for me. It works for a lot of people though! Good luck! :)

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Either drop one ton of ammo from OP and bulk out armor or drop to an XL280, lose FF and add some armor.

5. satiro

satiro New Member

I edited the original build and posted the e92 correct build. THANKS!

Finally i played this mech for some days and i think is a good build.

In the positive side when lights are runing around your lance LPLasers are good breaking legs and streaks in chain fire are annoying for lights. For non-light opponents i use LPLasers on damaged parts to finish them and streaks in non-chain mode.

In the negative side it needs fire discipline in hot maps and is not useful to chase lights (not a fast mech.)

6. Greenjulius

Greenjulius New Member

An amazing build. Runs a little hot, but this thing can be devastating. I often get 3-4 kill games and 750+ damage.

Like any close range Shadow Hawk with an XL though, be careful. Direwhales with AC spam can eat it in seconds.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast