SHD-2D2 GL Sniper (1 x Gauss, 1 x ERLL, 2 x JJ, XL300) With Video After Invasion

Thread in 'SHD-2D2' started by HydroKyle240, Aug 11, 2014.

1. HydroKyle240

HydroKyle240 New Member

This build was purely experimental, but it turns out that it's a whole lot of fun and very effective. I have seen two other threads listed that were very similar builds, but from my experience this one is a better tuned version and hits the sweet spot for it's roll. It's specialized in long range, vs the shadowhawk gauss snipers with 2 x med lazers, streaks, or whatever else you load up on it combed with the gauss. I have also discovered this mech works well in everyday pug matches, but works best in solid Inner Sphere matches (eg competitive gameplay).
    The gauss works so well with this build because of how high mounted it is. Popping is made so incredibly easy with it's high mounted rifle on hills, rocks, or whatever else you can find (for example some of the hardware in the dome of Tera Therm). With well timed charges you can pop up, strike, and dip back out before they can deliver back. Pretty much if you can see it, you can hit it.
    The ERLL was equipped simply to compliment the Gauss, and is well suited for the job. I was originally testing out the ERPPC, as heat isn't a problem with just one of them, but I found that the extra 2 ton's takes away too much from other areas such as armor, engine, ammo, or JJ. I find the 97.2 KPH is necessary vs the new clan mechs, but one could probably get away with dropping it's size easier in Inner Sphere matches. The speed and 2 x JJ also makes for easier relocation's for optimal positioning to take advantage on the field.
    Even though this mech has been specialized in long range combat, I still find it effective against light mechs as well. I do suppose that depends on your skill level, but I don't believe many pilots would have too hard of a time landing shots with the turning speed of this mech and a little leading in certain situations. Skill is required to make this machine a true heavy hitter, you need to hit vitals on enemies. And you, obviously, try not to set yourself up for brawls because you could get into trouble, but that doesn't mean it isn't doable when necessary. It's meant for softening up the enemies from range, while also popping the baddies that try to shuffle out from the front line with too much damage. But once again, it is a monster with highly accurate shots. It can get quite a lot of damage built up over an extended match as well.

If you watch the video, it does come in HD. Default res sucks, lol.

This video is sniping...but it's really just a mess around (still very cool)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. e92

e92 Benefactor

3. HydroKyle240

HydroKyle240 New Member

I like your build, it's nice. But vs these clan mechs you could get into some serious trouble at that speed, much easier than the faster build. But as you said, be aware of your surroundings I suppose. However, I would definitely say that your build has got to be much better with the competitive matches with just inner spear! But in all seriousness, if you pop correctly, you don't always utilize the second laser anyways. Coming up with that extra 5 tons is too difficult, you just give up to much. Map positioning is to important to me.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast