SHD-2D2 "Big Mouth!" (3x SRM6, 1x LBX10, 1x SRM4, 2x JJ, XL255)

Thread in 'SHD-2D2' started by Excalibaard, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Basically I fit the most pellets and missiles in one volley as I can. Why? BECAUSE I can. You don't agree? well better shut up, take this 54 point direct-fire alpha to da face!

It has an XL so it's not survivable, shield arms are at pitiful armor levels. Non-ammo based weapons? nuh-uh! And, it has 7 tons of ammo ready to explode, hopefully most of it into the opponent's face before they tackle you.
    Could be made viable by toning down the weight and weapon sizes, or maybe fitting in a standard engine but that's only for the sad people who don't embrace to concept of being the most loud-mouthed bully in Medium town.

Has 22.7 missile volleys and 30 LBX shots. If they haven't taken you out by then, you should play more reckless or stop killing people so fast.

Cpt. Chattahah's Speedy Sensible version! Don't Panic!

More LBX shots to poke from range, only SRM4s due to reduced spread, XL300 for better manouverability. Heartily recommended.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Love it!
    Now I know what build to test tomorrow, I'll tell you how it works for me.

3. Excalibaard

How did the build work for you epikt? I'm curious :)

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I feel it made me be even more aggressive than I'm already am! :rolleyes:
    I died most of the games I played with this build, lots of reckless moves and other "come face me bro!" to the whole enemy team... still, my K/D ratio might be positive, since I always dealt a good amount of damage and left one or two dead mechs behind me before dying. Fun mech, but I got tired of spending more time spectating my teammates than actually playing!

5. Excalibaard

yeah, I've expected that this mech gives you too much ego/testosterone to stay sane in a match as well, as portrayed in the OP :p

6. Chromedbustop

Chromedbustop New Member

At first I thought this would just be a fun build to play around with but ya know, if you actually can control the urge to just charge in this thing absolutely murders; especially once you get the Fast Fire efficiency. Instead of being the first one in, wait until the chaos starts then charge in and fire a few alphas.

7. Excalibaard

Are there people who can post their scores for this build? I'm personally still saving up for an XL255 (C-Bill broke :C)

8. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Alright, Seven. Just play tested this thing for a bit. I am TOTALLY with Epikt. This thing just makes you want to get right into everyone's face! However, after my tweaks on your build, it comes out looking like this:

I really wanted the speed boosted a little bit and felt the need to cram some more LBX ammo in there to keep my ranged ability up some. The LBX is still pretty good up to about 650-700m - at the least as a light damage and great distraction. So, I tightened up the SRM groupings by dropping down to SRM4 packs and upped to an XL300 and more ammo.

Most of my games ended about 300 damage with a one or two kills, however, there were some gems. 540 was my top damage (I didn't take a SS because I honestly expected to get higher damage out of it) Had three games with 4 kills, all still under 500 damage... All in all, it's a VERY fun build to play, but, needs a solid team to be able to properly play the support skirmisher role. (I was in solo PUGs the whole time this morning)

My favorite match: (All 4 kills were on assaults - Hopped over the head of an Atlas and alpha'd him in the back to core him and shot the center out of a HGN from 200m with repeated poptart LBX shots to his shoulders)
    [​IMG]
    Annnnnd decent...
    [img width=700 height=437]http://i.imgur.com/3oGNozE.jpg[/img]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Hmm, i'm asking if it is better to use Quad SRM4 or 2x SRM6 + SRM4? From the Cool Efficiency it looks better, but on the other hand you have more spread.

10. Cpt Chattahah

I just prefer SRM4s unless you can use Artemis. The spread on an SRM4 is still usable up to max range. On an SRM6, I just feel I waste too much ammo to fire over 100m w/o Arty.

11. Cpt Chattahah

Continued play-testing after the patch... second drop - look at the enemy team;
    [​IMG]

... Luck of the devil in this drop... Still pulled off a respectable round against some very skilled pilots. They quickly took out any of our team foolish enough to break formation. I attempted to call firing line positions and enemy locations, forming a defensive line D6/E6 line. We took quite a few of them out and my little Hawk got all the way down to 12% - missing both arms, a leg and ALL armor gone - before my jumpy little self got blown up my LRMs. I took out two of the aggressors that flanked us and damaged the other two enough that they turned back over the hill and ran away... My stupid one legged mech however, could not give chase... le sigh. If I'd been with my UMAD brethren, we would've had that match. :)

12. Excalibaard

Hmm, I'm usually a fan of 3xSRM4 over 2xSRM6 as well, mostly because of the spread. trading some usually stray missiles for a lot of speed seems like a good idea. Did you find only 300SRM ammo enough for an SRM16? it's less than 20 salvos, while 400 ammo gives you exactly 25 (which is usually a bit of my goal with SRM oriented builds). Very interested in the 'sensible' version of the build.

(Also interested because I'm a huge H2G2 nerd and jump a little whenever I see 42 (and this build has 42 FP and 42% efficiency))

13. Cpt Chattahah

300 SRMs was actually a little more than needed with the 60 rounds of LBX. The LBX, as previously stated, really has a great range. No, it's no pinpoint, but, think of it as an AC/2 at long range. No, you're not burying 10 points into one location, but, you're shaking them up, making them duck for cover, slowing them down and getting your assist in on them should they die. So, I use that LBX a LOT and it helped me keep back from just trying to bum-rush every chance I got (and get myself killed) ;)

My best rounds, I kept myself just a little behind my team's main Hammer force. I let the skirmishers and brawlers engage first, then, allowed myself into the fight. If you're the third or fourth mech into the Scrum, you can use that big engine and JJs to bounce around from target to target, helping where needed, finding the weaker targets and focusing then getting back to cover before anyone has paid too much attention to you.

14. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I really like Chattahah's build.
    Mine already loaded more LB10X ammo, since it's mid range and kinda cool (free to shoot even on high heat), but trading SRM6s for SRM4s is a good idea.

15. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Okay you know me by now brother...I desPISE ammo only builds :) Here is my take! Run it exactly the same way as yours but when the ammo runs out you can do a lil pew pew with the zap zap. Don't use the mediums while you still have ammo and it fights exactly the same as yours but with the added benefit of having armor on the arms. Because they are the 4s and not the 6s you can easily take 1 ton less SRM ammo and trade it for LBX-10 ammo!

16. Excalibaard

In that case I'd still recommend more LBX ammo mate, since you downgraded to SRM16s, 500 SRMs is a bit too much.

EDIT: OOOH SNEAKY EDIT YOU

17. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Video up in just a few minutes lol that was easy to get an interesting match...first time out.

18. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

By request. Its the Big Mouth! Not a very high scoring game but everything was dying too fast. Still gives a good feel.

zoIV5CkuPd8

19. Excalibaard

Well, if you insist to put those MLs on:

Moar Speedz!

XL 255>280>300 is only 1.5 tons per step, so taking some SRM ammo (you're gonna have MLs anyway) and a JJ off gives you a new tier of speed (same counts for AMS-equipped builds along these lines)

Anyways, fun video :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  20. enileph

enileph Star Lord

A fun build really. And yes the MLas does help.
    Maybe you only need 2 tons of LBX ammo though.
    Still thinking if it is worth it to shave half a ton of armor off for XL300. I did it with XL300, and it seems all good.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast