SHD-2D Lighthunter (2x LLas, 3x SSRM2, TAG, BAP, AMS, 2x JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'SHD-2D' started by Aylek, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This build is a direct port of my 2D2 Lighthunter and seems to be a logical step when coming from that build. There are some differences though, with some of them being quite obvious while others are more subtle. All in all I am currently enjoying the build quite a bit, probably even more than the original one.

The main difference between the two variants is the exchange of a single missile hardpoint for an additional energy hardpoint. On top of this the 2D is more agile than it's cousin. The variation in hard points obv. leads to the 2D only mounting 3 SSRM2s, but allows to mount a single TAG on top of the double LLas.

While some might argue that reducing the amount of SSRM2s is bad for such a kind of mech, the addtion of a TAG allows for faster Streaklocks and grants additional utility in uncovering ECM mechs. Only carrying 3 SSRM2s also means that the amount of ammo can be reduced by a ton.

All this leads to the build shown, with comes with an astonishing cooling efficiency of 49%, and this is nothing to sniff at even when facing this thing in a bigger mech. This cooling efficience allows the build to fight for quite some time even when on hot maps and also easily makes up for the SSRM2 'lost' when transfering the 2D2 version to this variant, as constantly firing double LLas is very effective against any target.

There are several variants possible, especially for those of you who want to pilot a faster version of this. Simply remove the XL300 and all the additional DHS and mount an XL330 for example.

Another possibility would be to change the lasers to a combination of a single LPLas and MLas (grouped together for easier usage) and mounting an even bigger engine.

Combination of PPC and LLas - surprisingly effective!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  2. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

will try this out, I favored the 2D over the 2D2 because of quirks (H and K are just unique so I got 'em as other variants).

looks excellent, I'd run the XL340 version if I had 1.

3. Aylek

Only finished the basics atm and dropped on Terra 10 minutes ago.

[​IMG]

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I kinda drop the TAG even though I KNOW it is useful for streaks at times (and for LRM boat support), it seems that BAP is doing the trick already. Using ERLLas for longer range. Dropped AMS since it is fast enough, also allows me to use the bigger and more common XL350.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  5. Aylek

Revised loadout. Played this on my WVR-7K for quite some time, but the SHDs seem to be better hitbox wise. They also just look a lot more elegant. :D

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast