SHC-Pr - "Shadowstrike" (3x cSRM6+A, 2x cSPL, ECM) +Omni
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Shadow Cat Builds' started by Bluecricket, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Bluecricket

Bluecricket New Member

With recent SRM buffs, I've been finding this to be one of the most entertaining solo queue builds I've tried for the Shadow Cat. Doesn't matter which CT you use; I use the A legs specifically due to the higher structure. Adjust ammo, heat sinks, and armor to taste. While similar to the Metamechs build, it has some adjustments based on my personal experiences.

SPLs are used over ERMLs due to heat efficiency--while short-ranged, they have one of the best damage-per-heat ratios in the game, and Clan mechs need all the efficiency they can get.

TC1 is omitted because they don't benefit SRMs (correct me if I'm wrong), and 1 ton for a 2% boost to SPL range seems like a poor trade.

Recommended modules: cSRM6 cooldown, cSPL range, Seismic, Radar Dep, Coolshot 9x9, UAV or Airstrike

The SHC's arms tend to not go before the sides go, so that's why the armor is lowered on them. Give it a spin; I've been pleasantly surprised. Hoping this doesn't come off as humblebragging, but I'm maxed Tier 1 and I fairly regularly have 500-700 damage matches with 3-5 kills.

I also sometimes get wrecked and do like 49 damage, but that's the nature of CQC builds (and MWO in general).

Disclaimer: The SHC is not for the faint of heart. It doesn't have the best hitboxes and you need to maximize everything it has available; the amazing JJs, ECM, its speed, and MASC to accelerate to top speed in an instant. This is a Striker, NOT a brawler.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    HeXedBlade, enileph and The Verge like this.
  2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Welcome to Mechspecs!

Have to say this is a wonderful first post, and a good build on top of that.

3. HeXedBlade

HeXedBlade New Member

This build works exceptionally well if you use the MASC to its potential. Guerrilla tactics are really required to make this build shine.

[​IMG]

4. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

5/5,
    This build is just brutal - and much fun!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast