SDR-5D "Robocop: Max Alpha & Speed" (1x ERLLas, 2x MPLas, ECM, JJ, XL255)

Thread in 'SDR-5D' started by psiber, Jun 11, 2014.

1. psiber

psiber Junior Member

I had not thought of this one before and I have run some version of most of the builds posted here at one time or another. I really hope this isn't hiding in another thread, I looked and didn't find anything. If it needs to be merged, sorry :blush:

So this is a max alpha, max speed, near max range vulture.

The ERLLas will provide excellent ranged damage while the twin MPLas will eat limbs up close. The cycles are out of sync but for me they actually work well together. Alpha when heat and aim allow, otherwise brawl or snipe as needed. Pressure at near any range with the highest VIABLE alpha I could think off.

Named it Robocop because that's what it feels like to me. A little guy swoops in, unloads massive firepower (for a spider) and dispatches chosen offender with extreme prejudice. I have been getting more kills and limb removals than I was with the LLas/2xMLas build and more overall damage and assists than the 3xMPLas builds. maybe I suck with them, to each their own :D

I am not on my computer so I will try to post some match scores by tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Considering the title, wouldn't this be more appropriate? xD

3. psiber

psiber Junior Member

Not really. I didn't bold it but I said VIABLE. I don't think any 5D that runs that slow is viable. I would be happy to hear about how that build got you massive scores before dieing the horrible death every slow spider does :)

I can change the title if that helps you but I think most players understand you can't do damage if you are dead. Theory crafting is fun but I like to actually be productive in a match.

I could be wrong but it seems your comment was more about being odd or picky about a title that doesn't really matter. If you have some actual comment about running this build I would be happy to respond, otherwise I don't really care about slow engine builds, sorry.

4. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Hehe, no worries mate. And sorry if I seemed nit-picky, as I wasn't actually intending to be. I was really just blowing off steam from work by posting something fun and insane, and you're "Max Alpha" on a Spider appealed to my crazy side! :p :rofl:

You are absolutely correct: a Spider running at less than maximum speed is gonna die pretty quickly, which is why it's such a bad idea. I completely realize this, and I do apologize for my previous, seemingly pointless, post. Like I said . . . simply comedic relief to burn off steam. ;)

5. psiber

psiber Junior Member

My bad as well, sorry. I catch a lot of flack over simply piloting a spider in game, I was being too touchy about your post. I see intention now, I took it wrong.

Actually if you you hid under the leg of an atlas the other build would work fine rofl. :cool:

6. psiber

psiber Junior Member

7. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Might try this at the weekend. Looks pretty hot for maps like Terra, though.

8. psiber

psiber Junior Member

It is but as long as you stick to only the 2x MPLas up close on hot maps you will be good.

Everyone knows the super hot maps really hurt the energy users and have much lower affect on most ballistic builds. Even the 1x LLas, 2x Mlas will easily overheat me on those maps if I alpha much. Sucks. TT is why I don't run ERPPC anymore. Regardless of cooling percentage on screen I always overheat faster with ERPPC vs. other weapon combo's with equivalent total heat. Anyone else notice this? I don't mean training grounds, real combat. It just seems PGI doesn't want people using ERPPC anymore rofl. Maybe I am just crazy :whacko: #RantOver

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast