SCR-P "Unlucky Upchuck" (3xcMPL, 4xcERML, 6xcSPL, TC1)

Thread in 'Stormcrow Omni Builds' started by skribs, Feb 19, 2017.

1. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Never Alpha.

I was running my Bear Punch build, but found I lost my arms too easily, and if I lose my arms I'm done. So I lopped off the TC6 into a TC1 and sacrificed the CAP in order to use the torso and head energy slots to get 3 medium pulse lasers. As this is a laser vomit build with 13 lasers, it is the unlucky upchuck.

Never ever alpha.

The heat on this build is deceptive, because you don't use all your weapons at once. You wouldn't be able to add too many DHS without changing the build anyway, due to slot issues. At medium-to-longish range, use only the ERMLs. At short range, prioritize the SPLs and then MPLs. At short-to-medium, use the MPLs. Big targets will do better with the MPLs, little targets with the SPLs. If you are peeking, use the appropriate side.

Never ever ever alpha.

As you lose an arm or both arms, heat management becomes easier. If you want to use multiple weapons, fire them one-after-the other, and not altogether. I have my groups set as Left Click (1) - ER MLs, Right Click (2) - SPLs, Thumb 1 (3) MPLs, Thumb 2 (4) ER MLs chained.

Never ever ever ever alpha.

I was also contemplating getting a bit more poking by going with something like this:

I would still have the torso weapons, and have further poke (and with my right side, too), but I haven't given it a go yet. I'll maybe try that after I do another round or two in this.

Never ever ever ever ever alpha.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

3. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Bumping this because since I've come back, this build has still been a blast to play.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

kinda weird, why not a 1-2 instead of a 1-2-3 punch?

5. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

That has 1 less laser. It also has no actuators on the arms, which are important to me.

I also find 6 ERMLs at one time can be a lot to handle, heat-wise.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast