RVN Club of 1000+

Thread in 'Raven' started by Obviously, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Obviously

Obviously New Member

I am seeing quite a few suitable screens in this one 3L-build thread, but so far no dedicated thread yet. THIS WILL NOT STAND!

Here you go, fellow flock members.
    Also, this.

[​IMG]
    Was running 2 LLs on an XL280.

Obvious

2. Bashiba

Bashiba Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

XL 280 and 2 ERLL. This one was bittersweet, I got 1000 damage, but ended in a tie. The team was down at one point 6 vs 9. We came back, but I was still down to me vs a Hunchy, Stalker, and Orion. I got the hunchy right away and the stalker was pretty beat up so I mostly ignored him, while I dueled with the pretty fresh Orion for a long time, like almost 4 minutes before it got down to 1 minute to go. I rushed him with 1 minute to go, finished him, but then couldn't find the stalker in time to kill him. Basically I was way to cautious trying to use my range to my advantage.

3. Wronka

Wronka New Member

[​IMG]

I cant seem to find the screenshot, so above is the picture off my phone. It was an amazing battle I won it for the team. At the end it was an Atlas and a Stalker that luckly had its arm blown off and only had ML. Once I took care of the Atlas the Stalker was of no problem. My build is a 2x ERLL with XL280. This is an amazing build that I regularly score over 500 dmg on.

4. Em3r4ld

Em3r4ld Junior Member

Something slightly less boring than the rest of you lot :p

Reworked my 3L due to the recent pulse buffs:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  5. Cheese of war

Cheese of war New Member

[​IMG]
    Standard xl295 2ERLL

6. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

[​IMG]

I'll just leave this here. This was a PUG match for me.

One of the other UMAD guys broke 1500 with his 3L one night. Can't remember if he was PUGGing or GROUPED up but I haven't seen it broken since.

7. e92

e92 Benefactor

[​IMG]
    XL280+2ERLLas

8. Ukrainec

Ukrainec New Member

9. Hydrocarbon

Hydrocarbon Junior Member

Most epic match I've played so far, PUGing on alpine assault. Started out unconventional with them claiming the mountain and us staying by the "theta" hill. Half both teams were running around getting their heads lopped off while I tried to provide ECM cover. Near the end they had the TDR, AWS, CN9, SMN, and JM6 against myself and I think 2 of our clan mediums. To my teammates' credit they kept them away from my mountain while I shot towards their theta hill positions. Most were short range or LRM, so they left me for last. Then it was only a raven against 5 with 4 minutes left - "who cares?" one of them must have said.

They ran around deciding to kill me to hit our base while I kept "prairie dogging" over the ridge & using strategic pauses between a few volleys to throw them off (appear that I was running to a different ridge). I steadily took out the JM6's unarmed CT, then took a SMN leg, took out the TDR and AWS's CT's, then finished the SMN. The CN9 was smart enough to run & seek cover, so I had jump down. I lost him for a bit and met back on theta hill where his SRM's found their marks. I brawled for a bit keeping behind & out of sight, blew off his leg, then ran to cover with my cherry-red front & rear CT and red/yellow legs. Since he had no cover, I severed his last connection to the ground with ease at 0:48.

[​IMG]

TL;DR: 5 to 1 (330 tons vs 35 tons), used range & stealth to kill ending with a brawl, near death, then win with 7 kills @ 1141 dmg.

Basic RVN-3L: ECM, XL280, 2x ERLL

What's funny now that I think about it, this thing is all Obsidian Black. I was the proverbial summer-coat hare during an early snowfall.

Editing to fix picture & insert Second battle:

This [PUG] Viridian Bog Assault started like any other, a heavy stream to the center. 1/3 of ours went onto the C4 hill, 1/2 of theirs climbed onto the B3 hill north of us. They used it like a stage while we were firing thru the trees. I told everyone to get to the ground and shoot from cover. Worked very well. They eventually moved to the ground but scattered, then I was forced to climb B3 to avoid fire. Nobody bothered me, and soon a couple of lights & assaults hid in the channel between the hills inside the carcases. They started getting a lead, eventually it was down to my raven, a stormy, and maybe 2 more against three twf's, a dwf, a warhawk, and two fs9's. Granted they were far from fresh, it was a rough fight. They hid while we alternated sniping from above. I think I got both fs9's, then jumped down to get the warhawk's last leg. After that it was the stormcrow and myself against the two timber wolves. We worked on one then the stormcrow died, prompting me to jet due to an active CAP. They wedged me between them & their base on the bit hill just north of it, and I ran circles eventually taking one out while scoring myself a yellow leg. The last guy was smart & jumped down on the side facing his base. I eventually came down at the same time he went around the other way. We met on the steps, circled, and laid my lasers into his orange CT. He wasn't smart enough to hit my legs, and I get in his face to mitigate that possibility. Then...game over with 1:26 left.

[​IMG]

Same build as above. I think the key is to stay away from CAP/BAP. People are getting used to ECM mechs showing up, so use that to your advantage.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    Falconium and Solahma like this.
  10. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I feel honored to have the first NON 3L submission on this thread. :playful:

With my version of the Quirk-Jerk

[​IMG]

Michael likes this.
  11. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

*cough* Are CW matches exempt from the club? I hope not, because...

(And no, that's not cumulative. Well, it IS, but the Raven was my initial drop mech that match ;) )

[​IMG]

12. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Hm, I think that really shouldn't count. I mean, yes it was all in one life. But the thing is, there were more enemies (so to speak) than there are in a normal match. Most matches, it's not staying alive that's the problem with ERLL snipers; it's getting enough damage in before your friendlies kill them all. In this case, there's plenty of meat to go around. :rofl:

Abigail Acerose, epikt and Solahma like this.
  13. hargneux

hargneux Junior Member

Just squeezed by with a Quirk Jerk with a 285XL no arm armor and 7 tons of ammo. I died shortly after having shot the last volley.

[​IMG]

14. Vundar

Vundar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I've had a couple ones close with my 3l, but this is the first time I've gone over. I was sitting out of ammo by the end though :happy:

Michael likes this.
  15. Snowballs

Snowballs New Member

My top score at Raven 3L:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  16. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

[​IMG]
    lol, I know the type of game. Nicely done man!

17. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Got too greedy with the last mech, a Dragon-1N. I stripped his arm very quick, but then kept overheating myself unexpectedly, he was 1-hit left and then he took off my last leg with his lasers. Chainfiring would have won me the kill, oh well!

[​IMG]

18. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

[​IMG]

Pulled a 1v9 back to a draw with the last enemy within a grid stripped and ready to pop, died by fall damage because I hit a speed bump coming off a slope on the backside of i9... Mechin time over, drinkin time beginning.

19. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

20. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

It ain't as cool when you can't see the names. That could be friggen Bolt in those pictures, we don't know.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast