RVN-3L "Quick Strike" (3xSPL, 2xSRM4+A, XL295)

Thread in 'RVN-3L' started by The Shazbot, Jan 4, 2017.

1. The Shazbot

The Shazbot Active Member

This is a highly aggressive Raven build, utilizing hit and run tactics and guerilla warfare. Not the easiest to run, and only recommended for experienced Raven pilots. In the right hands this can be very dangerous, either by taking off heavy and assault components or eating through their back armor. After hours of testing different variations with SLas / SPLas, SRM6 / SRM4, with / without Artemis, and ECM, this is the best build for an aggressive striker 3L I could come up with. If you love Ravens like I do, this thing is a blast and I usually pull off 2-3 kills and 300-500 damage in this bad boy.

While I feel like ECM is very useful for supporting your team and scouting, to me it feels like training wheels when used on a striker Mech, allowing you to get away with making mistakes that should be avoided in the first place (e.g. bad positioning and bad situational awareness.) That being said, I included this ECM variant if you want to be more support oriented.

Your goal is to not get focused. You typically want to avoid a 1v1 fight with other lights, especially early game. Guard your assaults and try not to take too much damage, then when the brawl starts, run in and wreak havok. Try to get an enemy assault or 2 to face you instead of your team and then out maneuver them as your team takes them out from behind. I tend to get overlooked, I think because of the scout / sniper role 90% of 3Ls run. Overlooking this 3L, however, is the last thing you want to do since the DPS is high enough to take out assaults fairly quickly. The 29.2 point alpha packs quite the punch and cycles really quickly, especially when using SRM4 cooldown, SPLas cooldown and range modules.

This is my first post, and I hope you guys enjoy it!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  2. The Shazbot

I cannot get these Smurphy links to show up right... I checked the FAQ but unlinking did not work. Pls help :)

3. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Edit the link to say 'https'

The Shazbot likes this.
  4. The Shazbot

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast