RVN-2X "Legger" (4x MPLas, XL210)

Thread in 'RVN-2X' started by RA2lover, Feb 22, 2014.

1. RA2lover

RA2lover Active Member

This build was designed to grind the raven variants, and was designed to work in tandem with a larger brawler mech, or alternatively as a short range pop-up.

4 medium pulse lasers deal a pinpoint 24 damage alpha - enough to destroy a trial stalker's leg in 4 hits. 17 double heatsinks enable it to store just enough heat to get both of them.

In a tradeoff for its slow speed(coming from logistics restrictions imposing an XL 210 engine), it features an unrivaled-for-its-tonnage 7.5 tons of armor, which enables it to take more than reasonable amounts of punishment for its mission profile.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

The problem is when any good light pilot sees a red arrow in his backfield and comes to rush you off - and then ironically proceeds to leg you because you're so slow.

3. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I understand the XL210 was imposed by the fact that you don't want to buy an engine for this mech. But we are here to optimize builds, not to post the compromises we all do for financial reasons.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  4. RA2lover

RA2lover Active Member

In my opinion these budget builds get more views simply because the players don't want to spend on a better engine.

5. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

The price of a mech doesn't even cross my mind.

6. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Unfortunately those will always be second rate players until they upgrade. It is one thing to grind through a mech just for the sake of getting it and moving on but to use a budget build because you don't want to spring for better gear? Second rate.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast