QKD-4H FlexiDraw (2x LLas, 3x SRM4, 2x MLas, AMS, JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'QKD-4H' started by Aylek, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I went for Michael's "Zombie Senior" immediately after purchasing the 4H variant but quickly discovered that the SRMs are taking too much weight while their damage simply sucks. Additionally, that variant lacks long range firepower which I deem necessary in the current meta and the standard engine takes away a lot of tonnage, but which would be needed for heavier weapons.

This is the build I arrived at and which I used to level the 4H, sometimes switching to the version with dual PPC, dual ML and triple SSRMs. It allows to take part in the action much earlier than the Zombie Senior and remains powerful close up. The SRMs are mainly used as a kind of finisher when a target's armor has already been stripped. By using them this way the mech's heat efficiency changes from OKish to very good.

One can argue that the two LL are better in the high mounted spots in the mech's right shoulder. This would push the design more in the direction of a mid range fire support in my view, as the shoulder mounts allow firing from behind cover. I like to be in the middle of the action with this thing, though, therefore I wanted maximum agility and aiming for the LLs.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

SRMs got a boost to 2.0 as of yesterday so anything with SRM missiles might be worth re-exploring. However I agree that the Zombie Senior isn't really a viable build. The Quickdraw is just too big to be running like a Zombie Centurion.

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I've gone up against this build in my Cicada. It is a very good build, seeing as it killed me. With the LL in the arms, it near death to fast mechs. 4-5

4. PilotSerenity

PilotSerenity Well-Known Member

maxed weapons required for the variant :phear:

5. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

After some additional adventures with the Senior Zombie I returned to this build today. It's still very good - very mobile, high firepower and good protection both from armor and AMS. The mechs works nice and only requires some discipline when playing on on hot maps like Caustiv Valley.

I'd like to exchange one of the LT SRM4s with a 6-tube launcher, but this probably costs me one of the LL, as cutting down on DHS is a no go for me when adding bigger weapons. One possibility would be to downgrade one arm LL to a ML and change the other to a LPL, but I have to try this first.

6. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Considering buying this guy, for this type of build.

Some minor modifications to the OP:

Or, a LightEngine version:

Tactix likes this.
  7. Tactix

Tactix New Member

Did you ever buy it Falconium?

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast